“We can feel like not being in India but being in heaven.”

Ananda in the Himalayas
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Narendranagar
Tokyo, Japan
“We can feel like not being in India but being in heaven.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I came here with my wife. Before
we visited this hotel, I used to imagine it was luxurious and like a castle but actually it was not like that. There is only a minimum to make visitors experience the best spa in India. Regarding the room, we stayed in PVV and It was not too large and good size to feel comfortable and relaxed. And just one restaurant is there, but they can arrange the dishes depends on our health.

In the same time we wake up, cups of sweet tea are served to our room. We can also enjoy Yoga and some small activities freely. If we book beforehand, we can experience Ayurvedic spa, therapy and consultations.

They are very simple. We just come here to enjoy spa and get back our entire health in the circumstances surrounded by the mountain and forest.

Ganga is also visible from the room of PVV. At 5 pm, the tour to Ganga is available. It is also of help to feel special experience.

We really hope we will come here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank postearth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights over a recent long weekend and it was an absolutely amazing experience. one of the main things of this property is how you want just forget about the pains in life and relax in the great environment. some of the must dos are:

Take the spa therapies every day. Most of them are amazing (we tried 3 different ones)
Get up early for breakfast and enjoy the surroundings (we went during Aug so it was nice weather)

All in all, slightly on the expensive side but a must visit once

Room Tip: Take the spa
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ParagbMehta
Nikhil K, General Manager at Ananda in the Himalayas, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

Namaskar!

Thank you for staying with us at Ananda and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent in Ananda 3 fabulous weeks in August 2013. I took the Ayurveda package.

The stay was just amazing.

The combination of Ayurveda treatments, Yoga sessions and 1-1 lessons, Meditation, discussions on Vedanta and life in general, combined with delicious food, and all this wraped in an impeccable service by nice, professional, dedicated, while very friendly people, makes me want to go back again as soon as possible.

The location is fabulous, in the mountains, overseeing the valley, inviting to reconnect with nature and one-self. The various buildings are spread in the greenery, and one hears the singing of birds all the time!

I came very tired, stressed, looking for time to spend with myself, in a quiet and nice environment, where everything is taken care of.
This is what I found. And even more than I expected, as privacy is ensured, while one can meet like-minded people at ease, if desired. One is invited also to calm, as loud sounds are not something one finds there, nor expects to find there. So, if you are for a party, music and drinks, this is not the place for it at all!

Ananda is truly a place for rejuventation, where one forgets about the busy, stressful life of the large cities and about corporate pressure and personal stress.

The whole concept there invites for introspection, for taking care of the body and the soul.

The Yoga lessons are just amazing, and the Yoga teachers are able to take everybody at their personal level and help the person progress. During my stay, I met people with different levels of Yoga practice and they all shared that irrespective of their levels, they felt good and did progress. As for me, at the end of the 3 weeks, I felt my body much more flexible and strong.
The various meditations are extremely helpful, especially for those of us who feel stressed. They also combine and complement each other in a very good manner. It helps take a step back and calm the mind.
The Ayurveda treatments are excellent, and one feels so good afterwards, even after the cleansing treatments (for some of them, some hours are needed for the body to really feel good, but afterwards, I felt like re-born!)
The Vedanta lectures provide a very welcome complement, and helped me see things in a different light and re-assess some situations. In the 3 weeks, this proved very good for me, as it helped review some behaviours and re-assess some of the reasons for being stressed and tired.
The food is delicious, prepared with great care for taste and presentation. There are different options, depending on the body type and personal preferences. The restaurant staff and the chef always accommodated for all requests.

During these 3 weeks, I also felt very welcome, and people were very friendly, knowing very well when to engage in a conversation or not. I appreciated this a lot.

The rooms are nice, well maintained, without being luxurious, but this is not a place for extravagance, so the quality of the rooms was adapted to the whole concept of the place : everything is perfect, without being show-off.

From my room, I had a very nice view on the valley, and as I was on the 3rd floor, I had trees left and right, so that early morning I had a wake-up call by the birds. This was so nice!

And during the day, when I wanted to relax between treatments or 1-1 lessons, I could go next to the pool and sip a cup of tea, or go to the palace, where the afternoon tea was beautifully arranged.
As for the pool, it was a pleasure for me swimming in the early mornings.

And a last word for the daily flowers' arrangements: every day, we had some new arrangements, each of them so pleasant to see.

Overall, I had an excellent experience, which I look forward to repeating.

I would recommend Ananda to everybody who seeks to spend some time going back to oneself, (alone or in couple) ready to spend time and practice on the body, mind and soul, in a quiet, beautiful environment, with very professional and truly exceptional staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sophie_love2travel

Namaskar!

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay.

We are very happy to hear that our product and services met with your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay at Ananda - in the Himalayas.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friend and I visited Ananda in July 2013.
We loved every bit of it; the service, staff, location, food and spa!
It is the first time I write I review about a place, and it's only because I feel the Ananda team truly deserves it!
We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TaliaKhalil
Nikhil K, General Manager at Ananda in the Himalayas, responded to this review, August 7, 2013

Namaskar!

Thank you for staying with us at Ananda and for writing a review of our services on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you well.

Fremont, California
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited Ananda with my sister in June 2013. Imagine a place where peacocks wake you up every morning; you see the Ganga river from your room; yoga in the morning takes place in the beautiful hawa mahal; food is gorgeous, delicious, locally sourced and healthy; you can spend the whole day in the spa if you want to; you can engage in discussions around Vedanta; live life at your own pace. That tranquil, beautiful, calming, caring place is Ananda in the Himalayas! I loved every minute of being at Ananda. Their staff if the best I have experienced in any hotel/resort I have stayed at. Chefs Narendra and Chandrachur, Asstt. GM Nitin, Spa Manager Ritu, the front desk staff, Champa and Darshana, and every staff member was patient and incredible in their customer service. This is one of my favorite vacation destinations. I am surely going back!

Room Tip: Best rooms are valley view (premium view) on the 5th and 6th floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Monica K

Namaskar!

Thank you for staying with us at Ananda and for taking the time to write a review.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Ananda philosophy is one of healing of the mind, body and soul through proven practices of Ayurveda, Vedanta and Yoga. Our surroundings compliment this process.

Your kind words have been communicated to the team.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We got a chance to travel to Ananda In The Himalayas on 3rd July by road and to our surprise, the road conditions to Ananda were absolutely fine and the drive was smooth.

It took us approx six and half hours to reach Ananda In The Himalayas and the best part was the property was looking completely fresh and was lush green because of the monsoons; I think its best time to go and enjoy nature and relax in lap of beautiful lush green nature with lots of birds chirping throughout the day.

On way back we came from Dehradun and again the road conditions were fine, on the way back to Dehradun we saw Jolly Grant Airport which is also one a very convenient method to travel to Ananda if a person wants to take a flight from Delhi.

Lastly my overall experience was good and I am still missing the lush green valleys and surroundings of Ananda In The Himalayas…….

Room Tip: Ig Golf Lover then go for Palace View Rooms !!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nikhil K, General Manager at Ananda in the Himalayas, responded to this review, July 17, 2013

Namaskar!

Thank you for staying with us at Ananda and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Ananda's wellness philosophy for healing through proven disciplines of vedanta, yoga and ayurveda are well supported by the ambienece of our location. It is our belief that nature should be nourished and respected. We are happy to note that the green and clean surroundings enhanced the quality of your experience.

You would also be pleased to know that in order to preserve our pristine surrounding we are deeply involved with "Clean the Himalayas" and various tree planting efforts.

As rightly mentioned by you, Dehradun Airport at Jolly Grant, which is a picturesque 45 minute drive from us, is a very convenient way to reach here. We are also well connected by trains from Delhi including Shatabdis.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wonderful place nested in the himalayas. If one is looking to totally relax, unwind and rejuvinate, this is the place to go. From Yoga classes to the spiritual lectures to everything about it is excellent. They give you these lovely white Kurta n Pyjamas which you are supposed to wear all day. The food could do with a little improvement though. Spa V Good, but pl pre book your treatements, as you could b disappointed with no slots available. Rishikesh is about 45 mins away by car, where oue can go for ganga aarti. Also, the white water rafting is quite an experience there. The rooms are quite nice and the view of Rishikesh from the bathroom made a very pretty site at night. Would definately plan a trip there again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are all quite nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sjatin

Namaskar!

Thank you for staying with us at Ananda and for taking the time to review our services.

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed being here and that you actively participated in the Yoga and Vedanta which are an integral pert of the Ananda philosophy of wellness of the mind, body and soul.

Our chef has also been passed on the feedback about the food. We would be grateful to hear from on you as to what you would like us to improve upon. May we also mention that our chefs would be more than happy to create a customised meal experience for you when you are here next.

Thank you once again for your kind patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nikhil Kapur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narendranagar
Aloha On The Ganges by Leisure Hotels
EllBee Ganga View
EllBee Ganga View
#4 of 48 in Rishikesh
Neemrana's - Glasshouse on the Ganges

Been to Ananda in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!