I visited Ananda with my sister in June 2013. Imagine a place where peacocks wake you up every morning; you see the Ganga river from your room; yoga in the morning takes place in the beautiful hawa mahal; food is gorgeous, delicious, locally sourced and healthy; you can spend the whole day in the spa if you want to; you can engage in discussions around Vedanta; live life at your own pace. That tranquil, beautiful, calming, caring place is Ananda in the Himalayas! I loved every minute of being at Ananda. Their staff if the best I have experienced in any hotel/resort I have stayed at. Chefs Narendra and Chandrachur, Asstt. GM Nitin, Spa Manager Ritu, the front desk staff, Champa and Darshana, and every staff member was patient and incredible in their customer service. This is one of my favorite vacation destinations. I am surely going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda in the Himalayas is an award winning luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India's ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. Set amongst 100 acres of virgin forest and opened in September 2000, Ananda in the Himalayas is built around a Maharaja's palace estate and located 260 kilometres north of New Delhi. The resort features a restored Viceroy's Palace, world-class Spa, 70 deluxe rooms, 5 suites and 3 villas. Two of these villas are 2 bedroom villas and one is a single bedroom villa, with breathtaking views of the Ganges River and the mountainside. With the highest standards of service, luxurious accommodations, innovative dining and breathtaking mountain views, Ananda is an internationally recognised oasis offering an enriching experience designed to restore, renew and revitalise. Ananda signature wellness programs include Detox, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation, Weight Management, Stress Management, Yogic Detox, Ananda Yoga, Ananda Renew and Ananda Active. Getaway Spa packages starting at 2 or 3 nights are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh