True to itself, a trip advisor review never fails me and so has been our stay at Padmini Nivas. Let me get to the point immediately with the Pros:
1) We were upgraded to a suite while I had booked for a deluxe room and trust me with 2 kids, it turned to be such a blessing.
2) The much talked about food, it is as homely as it can get, I had a 2 meal package and it was just wonderful telling them what we would eat as breakfast and dinners, have it served fresh as per your requirements of taste and ofcourse it tasted smashing. My kids loved the food and we never missed a meal. Try their wonderful chai, Chole Bhature, Paranthas, Bread Pakoras, The good ol dal, and the hot chapatis.
3) Service, not sure if I had access to their best guy, but this person was always smiling and could not stop his "Haanji's" meaning yes pls or sure. Infact everybody from the driver to the hotel boys were good and always helpful.
4) The suite in itself was big, everything was as heritage as it can get, bathroom was huge and as I said the extra bed for the elder kid was good.
5)The place is green, decorated with flowers and roses of all kinds. It was just wondeful sitting in the garden having breakfast or ice cream at night with the cool wind.
6) The location - bang on the mall road, and still away from the madness.
7) The crockery is clean, clean towels, basic toiletries (they are a sham isnt it)
There were not too many cons, however would recommend a few suggestions:
1) I know the weather in Mussoorie has been such that as soon as it gets 2 warm for your comfort it rains, it didn't happen this time except the last day when it rained and we enjoyed seeing the clouds pass us in front of our heads. But, its high time hotels start putting up ceiling fans in rooms. This is needed atleast from say 11 AM to 5 PM, post which the table fans can work.
2) The Washroom drainage was not good enough for water to seep. It may be a piping issue, and am not saying it caused any discomfort, however my wife slipped once owing to excess water and am sure the competent staff of the hotel would take care of this.
3) In the suites, I think they should shift to LCD TVs with better reception, some scope for improvement there.
4) To access the location, there is a steep slope down. You can take your car comfotably and while the parking is small, they have a dedicated person who can manage your parking. After all how many times would you keep on taking your car out. The only thing is, it may get uncomfortable sometimes for elderly people, going downhill or uphill from the mall.
This hotel has been managed to ensure that families keep on coming back. Yes, this is a family and friends place, the more people the more you enjoy. We made new friends from Delhi there and the environment was such that we could chitchat and dance just like family.
Kudos to the owner and the managers - Vikram and Manish, they have done a good job in maintaining the heritage feel of the hotel whilst having all the modern amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Padmini Nivas is a heritage property on the Mall road. Located on a ridge it offers a spectacular view of the Doon valley and surrounding hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Hotel Padmini Nivas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.