Stayed at Vishnu Palace hotel on April 30 and May 1, 2010.
1. Looked better than it did on the internet.
2. Rooms were quite sophisticated, you like it more if you stay here after staying at KMVN in Kumaoun.
3. Rooms were too good for the rent they charged.
4. For 2000 INR I got a great room with wall-to-wall glass balcony within the studio that faces the Doon valley. Offered a nice, scenic view of the Doon valley. The room and sights it offered were truly wonderful. This room was actually for 4 members and cost more. However, all budget rooms were occupied and hence they upgraded me for free.
5. The room had a nice 42-inch LCD TV
6. The room was pretty big and had wooden flooring and good, modern equipments. It also had a little refrigerator. It also had a Sofa-turn-bed and a writing table and a chair.
7. Bathroom had all Jaguar fittings and was very clean and well ventilated. 24-hours hot water was also available.
8. No A/C, but is not required anyways. In April, when it was extremely hot in the plains, we were feeling cold out there.
9. The hotel is located at the beginning of the mall and where most action lies. It is at the location which can be called as the starting point of Mussoorie.
10. I did not try any outside food as the restaurant in the Vishnu Palace hotel served decent food, which was the best that we had in Uttaranchal. Name of the restaurant is Shyam Vegetarian.
11. The staff was very good and met expectation and there was a laundry guy who came all mornings to collect the laundry. The staff was very prompt and attentive.
Did not like:
1. The only problem was that the room was situated on the ground floor and we had to climb down from the reception, which is on 2nd or 3rd floor (the hotel is built slightly below the main road such that the road meets the terrace of the hotel). But my overall experience is that in Uttaranchal you have to exercise a lot. Families with aged people and children can take rooms on the top floor by the reception. The restaurant is also next to the reception.
Other useful information:
1. There is no in-house bar.
2. The in-house restaurant has certain timings and you cannot order anything that you want. All ingredients may not be available with them all the time.
3. Restaurant offers vegetarian food along with some egg dishes (not sure – but were mainly for breakfast).
4. This hotel is at the entry exit point of Mussoorie.
5. Parking is on the terrace of this hotel which is by the road. It seemed there was limited parking space and the entire roof was packed with cars. It was well managed by the hotel staff, but in a full season, there might be a parking problem.
6. The garden is about 6-8 Kms away from the hotel and Kempty waterfalls about 19 Kms away.
7. Most of the Mussoorie residents seem unaware of Lord George Everest's residence. Kindly take information from hotel staff. The Mussoorie residents were totally unaware of a nagin temple, but found it on tourist map imprinted on souvenir t-shirts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates vary throughout the year and room accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Vishnu Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.