Stayed in the hotel from 27th Jan - 01st Feb. It was a 50-50 experience, meaning satisfied with few things and dissatisfied with others. Booked a honeymoon special room.
Few Points that I did not like:
1. Rooms were not warm enough. The heaters barely provided any relief to the winter chill.
2. Housekeeping service was not good. You have to call them again and again to get your room cleaned.
3. No toiletaries provided. You don't expect a person travelling and staying in your hotel for 5 days to carry soap, shampoo, comb etc. It was only when I complained at the reception that they provided shampoo and soap. You expect these things to be refilled everyday.
Bath tub was there for which they charge extra but it was not usable as their geyser was not able to provide sufficient water and also they did not have bath tub soap, you have to get on your own.
So, it's better to go for superior rooms as the bath tub is the only difference and they charge Rs. 300 extra for that.
Housekeeping would always do opposite of what you ask. The geyser and room heater were not operational at the same time, they could not handle that load. And when you ask the housekeeping to turn off heater and turn on geyser, they would do the opposite.
4. It is a bit away from the MALL ROAD, so if you can get a hotel for about Rs. 200 more but the same quality on the Mall Road, then better to go for that.
5. Rooms are not that elegant as they look in the photos. There was no carpet and the wooden floor was so cool that you cannot put your feet. You expect carpet in a superior room.
Few good points:
1. Food service was good, food was OK and prices reasonable.
2. Since the food bill wasn't too much, they waived that off for me and did not charge anything.
3. Since Bath tub was not usable, they charged me same as superior room but gave only a 20% off-season discount. So my advice is that during off-season , go there and then negotiate the prices. If you book in advance you are at a loss and you can easily get rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates vary throughout the year and room accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Vishnu Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.