“Value for Money”

Ranked #23 of 74 Hotels in Mussoorie
Faridabad, India
“Value for Money”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed in Super Deluxe Room. The Hotel is near the Mall Road as well as near to Govt. approved parking. Makes it a ideal place to quickly hop to Mall road and back by walk. The rooms were good and well done. The view from the room is decent. Did not try food, hence cannot give feedback. Overall, value for Money.

Room Tip: Go for Super Deluxe rooms on the 4th Floor. They are slightly better than 5th Floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shubham_sanghal, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Shiva Continental, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Greetings Mr. Himanshu – Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met .Thank you for choosing Shiva Continental for your stay.
We will look forward to your continued patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gurgaon, India
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The moment we entered the room it was full of bad odour. Had to ask room service to put some room freshner in it. The plug sockets were broken and have somehow been mended with tapes and wires to make them work. Towels in the bathroom was also not properly washed and was having bad odour in them too. The room service guy was not corteous at all. The moment he knocked the door, he tried to open and come inside the room without even waiting for me to open the room. Food was also pathetic. Had a long menu and list of cuisines but when we were ordering they had nothing to offer but masala peanut. Nextvday thought to have breakfast in the restaurant but it was so filthy that we decided to have breakfast outside. Try to avoid staying in this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Shashank P
Shubham_sanghal, Manager at Hotel Shiva Continental, responded to this review, November 27, 2014
Dear Mr. Shashank

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We thank you for providing valuable feedback about our hotel.

We will surely look into the areas mentioned by you. We try our level best to make sure that the guests have a memorable experience. We have a policy of changing the towels every day in every room. Hence it is not possible that the towels would not have been washed . We also discard old towels and linen on a quarterly basis.

At our hotel all of the items written on the menu are available for room service at all times. Stating that we just had one dish to offer out of the whole menu is just inappropriate. As far as the restaurant is concerned we have a very neat and well maintained restaurant.

Despite whatever grievances you have, we apologize and we hope that you would give us another chance to serve you.We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly at 9787079152 if I can be of any assistance.

Travelers are raving about these Mussoorie hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have been through the same kind of reviews about this hotel which I am writing too. While goin through the reviews I thought it has happened with 2-3 people and that was the mistake I made and I realised it soon after I reached the place. A lot of things to talk about the hotel. To start with, I booked a standard room which was extremely over priced. If I give the description of the room then to start with, It was 7floor down with lift not working from past 3 days. The size of the room was like 2 feet extra from the bed. The furniture was almost a mellenium old. To my surprise, the hotel's store room was in my room which was shocking. I wish I could post some pictures of the room but that needed atleast 30 seconds and I stayed less than that in the room. After that, I reached the GM of the hotel 7 floors up(Of course the lift is not working) and he was so rude that he denied to change my room but I got the upgragation after paying more money and wasting my 2 hours. The complete hotel staff was rude, The don't even knock the door for room service. Now if we talk about from where I booked my hotel then it was "GOIBIBO.COM" My suggestions.. Don't book anything from them. When I approached them to get the amount refunded, They simply denied. I asked why we have GOIBIBO then? The executive said you have got 20% discount and this is the reason we are here.. To cut things short.. Please visit this hotel if you want to spoil your trip even before it starts.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Avyaya S
Shubham_sanghal, Manager at Hotel Shiva Continental, responded to this review, November 28, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I would like to inform you that our lift is operational at all hours. Owing to some unavoidable circumstances the lift was not working during your visit. We would like to sincerely apologize for that. As you know that any maintenance requires time we made our best efforts to fix the problem at the earliest.

We have clearly told all the Online Travel Agents that the standard rooms are available on minus 6th and 7th floor. Our hotel has lift till 5th floor. For all the direct bookings we make sure that the customer are aware about this fact.

As far as the size of the room is concerned. Our rooms are according to the hotel standards and guidelines. All the standard rooms are 16 by 12 (square feet) in area. All these details are clearly mentioned on the website along with room pictures.

As far as the room up-gradation is concerned that completely depends on the availability of the rooms. You were charged whatever the difference on the up-gradation.

Despite all the issues mentioned by you we would request you to kindly give us another chance to serve you. We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly at 9787079152 if I can be of any assistance.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Hotel Location was Very Good its near mall road. i stayed for one night and it was a great experience with the hotel and i appreciate the work of front office specially very helpful and caring during the stay . Overall a nice experience. Good rooms and food quality is very good .hotel was very nit and clean. We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in deluxe room with family. Overall, the experience was good .staff behavior nice and helpful

Room Tip: all rooms good
1 Thank 14reenakajal
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I visited this hotel on 23rd april 2014 for one night in standard room which is very dirty and having spiders all over and small insects moving on blankets. I made complain to reception about clieanliness he replied that they did not get time to clean the room then I request him the room but he denied.Then I decided to vacate the hotel immediately in front of other customers then the manager agrees to change the room by charging me of rs 1000/- for which he has not giving me any receipt. This is my apeal to all my tourist friend never go to this hotel even if any travel agent whether online portal or private one and don't believe on pictures. All travel portal and agents are selling this hotel room just for their small commission.

Room Tip: All rooms are not clean and very old type very dirty.
6 Thank Ajay A

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I would like to inform you that all our rooms are cleaned every day. We make sure that the customers do not face problems regarding the cleanliness. We investigated into the matter and questioned the manager on duty. We would like to inform you that he never denied to get the room cleaned. You asked for a free up-gradation to which he said that it would be chargeable. The manager upgraded your room by charging difference between the price of the two room categories.

We have been operating the hotel for 25 years and have got some great feedback about our rooms from other guests. Stating that all our rooms are not cleans is a very generic statement.

Despite all these issues mentioned by you we would request you to kindly give us another chance to serve you.
Noida, India
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I visited this hotel from 18-20 April 2014 and I has terrible experience at this hotel. Please book this hotel only if you want to spoil your trip.

1. Room tariff is exorbitant compared to what you get. Even in Super Delux rooms, no cattle for hot water, Room heater costs Rs 250 per night extra, no ACs in the room, no mineral packed water bottle in the room provided normal water in jug.

2. WiFi connection is not at all present for room. WiFi is only present in Supur Delux room that you got after paying 5K+ taxes.

3. Hot water/ geezer was not present in the room 24x7, hot running water is available only for few hours in morning and evening for all room types, not even in super delux rooms.

4. Bathrooms does not have even basic toiletries (bath soap, brush, toothpaste, etc). All you get is one hand wash soap and one shampoo. Its terrible that these items are not present even in super delux rooms.

5. Satellite television mentioned at time was booking was missing, instead of this there was bad quality cable connection in all room types.

6. Apart from these, the hotel staff were unprofessional, unruly and bad mannered.

As a customer, I feel like cheated that even after paying close to 6K per night I am not getting even basic facilities. I haven't expected that this hotel booking will spoil my trip in such a fashion. Never ever book this hotel.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are worth staying.
4 Thank AngadGupta

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

We would like to address few of your issues. Room tariff is price according to the market place. You had booked a super deluxe room with us which has a private balcony, 32 inch LCD TV, spacious room.

Firstly, we only provide room heaters on request and we clearly mention that the charges for the room heater are extra. As we know that Mussoorie is a hill station with a pleasant temperature through out the year, the requirement for ACs is minimal. I would like to inform you that apart from few five stars none of the hotels in Mussoorie provide ACs in room.

We do provide Mineral water on request, but it is separately chargeable. The water we provide in the jug is RO purified.

Wifi connection is available in almost all the Deluxe and Super Deluxe rooms. The connectivity depends on the local service provider. From our end we have installed routers on all floors.

We have a 24x7 boiler system in place which caters to the need of hot and cold water. Thus, the question of hot running water for few hours does not arise. At all times you would get hot water in your room.

We make sure that the customer receives value for his/her money. You can have a look at our hotels bathroom, we provide the basic toiletries which a customer would require, to name a few - Bathing soap, shower gel, conditioner, shampoo and hand wash soap. Apart from this we can always provide you other toiletries on special request.

Kindly let us know what was the issue with the staff behavior so that we can look into the matter in detail.
You can mail me your issue at shubhamsanghal16@gmail.com or you could reach me at 9787079152.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble you had to face. We have made sure that our room We at Shiva Group of Hotels are always eager to improve our service standards & appreciate your suggestions. We assure you that, the mentioned concerns will be addressed.
Delhi, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have booked hotel through Make my Trip. They have charged the extra taxes based on their own tariff plan. Taxes should be charged on the amont which we have paid. Staff was very rude and no hot water in the rooms al most time

Room Tip: Charges should be very clear while booking hotel online .
2 Thank Aditya K

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

We would like to address few of your issues. We would like to clarify that we have clearly mentioned the tax policy to all the OTAs. You can check our own website where in we have made a mention of the taxes that will be applicable on your booking. The taxes are charged on the tariff at which your room is booked as per the hotel policy.

I hope you could give us another chance to serve you. Incase you have any issues you can mail me at shubhamsanghal16@gmail.com or you could reach me at 9787079152.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble you had to face. We at Shiva Group of Hotels are always eager to improve our service standards & appreciate your suggestions. We assure you that, the mentioned concerns will be addressed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mussoorie
Hotel SunGrace
Hotel Padmini Nivas
Hotel Padmini Nivas
#3 of 74 in Mussoorie
Hotel Shilton By Royal Collection Hotels

Been to Hotel Shiva Continental? Share your experiences!