2,030 results
All reviews trout chef sanjay special thanks grill bar pastry chef pratap singh bowling alley special mention high tea hi tea indoor pool evening tea roti his team live music jain food f b
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

we had a wonderful time as a family. This was a family vacation and  this resort offered a lot of family activities. the JW farms, the gaming arcade, the khacidi and the games on offer all added to this family experience. the staff at the westieria and the jw cafe were very warm and made us feel special for all the meals we had. gentelmen like chef Vikram, chef Pratap, Mahendra, Sukhpreet( from the lobby) and the likes made our stay memorable. Last but not the least a big thank you to the hosue keeping staff for patiently cleaning up after the aftermath created by our kids. all in all a great stay and fond memories to carry with us for life.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank Divsun
JWMussoorie, General Manager at JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2017

Dear Divya,

I thank you on behalf of the entire team for such beautiful words of appreciation. We at the JW Marriott Mussoorie strive to curate memorable getaways for all our guests. It is our endeavor to offer you a perfect escape when you stay with us. Thank you for reiterating the same and i look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Queen of Hills and the JW Marriott Mussoorie.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

So we visited this property in this month.. it was amazing.. i suggest this is the best time to visit as the climate is superb ..
the property is very amazing. The location and everythin is awsome
The rooms are quite big and very comfortable
They have a bowling alley in the hotel itself..
Very good view of the valley
And the best part of the stay was the food
Chef pratap was amazing with his hospitality and he made sure he gave us the best food there..
Chef jaswant singh also made a cake for us as it was our honeymoon .. brilliant is not the word
I would surely recommend to visit this place

2  Thank VishalS3101

Dear Vishal,

Thank you for staying with us on your memorable occasion and for taking out the time for reviewing and commending us. It is my pleasure to know that you enjoyed your getaway with us and all the services and experiences that we offer. You feedback has been well noted and we thank you for the same. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Queen of Hills and the JW Marriott Mussoorie.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

After merging of SPG-Marriott, this was the first booking in a Marriott hotel. Having enjoyed all the SPG Platinum benefits, it was a shocker that Marriott does not match most of these. Lets start by :

1. No Instant benefits -- Across all SPG hotels globally , you can adjust your food bill with points. Surprisingly, Marriott offers this feature but not for hotels in India!! Could not understand why but definitely a showstopper if I cannot splurge my own points

2. Children gets charged for breakfast - Globally, I have always been offered complimentary breakfast for children. Here they charge 50% for a 10 year old.

3. Lack of information - I called the hotel helpdesk thrice and they did not have any answer for the Instant redemption query. They tried to transfer to a call center which got disconnected every time. Finally, I just gave up and they did not even care for a call back

Overall, extremely painful first experience with Marriott booking. Will probably go ahead and cancel as I am better off in a SPG branded hotel

4  Thank sgupta9
JWMussoorie, General Manager at JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Dear Mr. Gupta,

Thank you for reaching out to us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to know about the booking experience faced by you. Allow me to apologize on behalf of the team and assure you that it is not JW Marriott Mussoorie standard and is a one-off incident.
I have personally looked into the points highlighted by you above, please allow me to mention that we do offer Flexi Bonus Point option where guests can use points for instant redemption against F&B and all charges. As per our hotel policy we charge 50% on F&B for kids above the age of 6 years.
It is our endeavor to offer unparalleled service experience to all our guests and I sincerely hope you would visit us soon to experience the JW Marriott Mussoorie hospitality. Please reach out to our Director of Rooms, Sushma Khichar at sushma.khichar@marriott.com for any direct assistance you may need in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is good and the service is also prompt.
Location is a good twenty minute drive from the mall road.
Rooms felt a little stuffy upon check in but thanks to the open balcony that stuffiness went out quickly.
Our room change request was also handled promptly.
The food the different restaurants offer is quite good.
Good place to stay if u want to avoid the mall road and traffic.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank xj911

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing and commending us. It is my pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the services and experiences that we offer. Your feedback has been well noted and we thank you for the same. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Queen of Hills and the JW Marriott Mussoorie.

Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3N/4D
Amazing Property !! Great Staff !!
Amazing Spa for All.. Especially Couples..(Meanwhile ,You can Leave your Kids in the activity Centre - Sessions)
Lavish Breakfast !!
Awesome Dinner All 3 @ The Trout Grill & Bar (Open Terrace) Live Music -
Great Chef Great Team.. (Next time gna tryout Customised Family Breakfast @ The waterfall - Advance Booking Reqd.
Italian Restaurant For Noon snacks..
Tappan for Asian Food..
Free Shuttle to Mall Road @ 11am 1pm 4pm
Must attend High Tea 4:30 pm to 5:30 in the Garden.Followed by Tambola sessions.
Morning Yoga sessions
Outdoor - Cycling,Cricket,Badminton,
Indoor - warm Pool, Billiards,Bowling,TT
Fullon masti & Fun..
Each penny spent is Worthed !!
Even on the 100 percent Occupancy you wont feel left out. So you can Visit anytime..

Very very Special Thanx

Trout Chef - Kulveer Singh (Magic Hands)
Trout attendant - Ranjit ( Bonga Babu)
- Ranjit 2 ( Local guy)
Special Thanx

Italian Chef - Sanjay (Recepie cards & Walnuts)
Banquet Guy - Gopal
Room Service - Yash (very gentle)
Breakfast Team - Each one with those smiling faces.
Reception - Surya & Priyanka

The place is like ..
" Whatever you touch Turns into Gold "

I have never been able to remember so many names after staying anywhere in the entire world..

Thanx
Mukul Bajaj
Richa Bajaj
Heydaan Bajaj

2  Thank Mukul_Bajaj

Dear Mukul,

I thank you on behalf of the entire team for such beautiful words of appreciation. I am immensely pleased on reading that you enjoyed all the services offered by us and that our team took such good care of you. I shall personally pass on your regards to the entire staff and specially the associates mentioned by you. It is our endeavor to offer you a perfect escape when you stay with us and we thank you for reiterating the same. I look forward to welcoming you back soon to JW Marriott Mussoorie's luxury in the Queen of Hills.