We ended up here last minute on a recommendation from a friend. They gave me a great price as we were walking in without a reservation. The hotel is in a beautiful old palace/fortress and has great ambiance throughout the hallways and rooms. Every room is a little different and individually decorated as I was shown a few rooms that were available to choose from. We took the lowest priced room but it was huge and had plenty of room for us plus our 3 kids. The staff was friendly and quick to help with all our needs, even setting up the mattresses for the kids on the floor while we were out eating dinner. The hotel has a great overlook of the valley and down to the Mall Road including a terrace for outdoor eating. There is a lawn and a small kids play area that was great for the kids to run and play after breakfast before we checked out.
The only thing I rated low was sleep quality simply because our room was on the ground floor beside the gravel parking area. Several times a car would come in to the hotel at night or in the morning and slam on brakes making a lot of noise with the rocks sliding. The windows weren't thick enough to stop the sound. But we were so tired from all the walking and playing that it didn't bother us at all.
We'll definitely be back at the Kasmanda Palace when we are back in town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly Heritage Property & Hidden Jewel of Mussoorie. The present Kasmanda Palace Hotel has been through many Avatars since it was constructed around 1836.Originally built as part of the Christ Church around 1836 it has been a Sanitarium for the British soldiers during the Crimean War (1853 – 1856), A school, known as "The Modern School" (1896 – 1910), the Summer Residence of the Royal Family of Kasmanda and finally it was converted into a Heritage Hotel (1992 - ). Kasmanda Palace is a perfect place to stay and spend quality time with loved ones while enjoying the beautiful outdoors which the hotel has to offer, terraced gardens, exotic trees & plants and the great Doon Valley views. Kasmanda Palace is ideally located in the center of the town, yet away from the noise of the Mall Road. If it gets too quite for you then the busy Mall Road is just a 2 minute walk away or take the hotel courtesy car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your WelcomHeritage Kasmanda Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Hotel Mussoorie
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Mussoorie