We enjoyed 2 nights in Mussoorie. The Mall road has vehicle restrictions in place so we are met by a hotel car & we are ferried to the reception area. The hotel retains the features & charms of an old building. Our room is huge with a massive bathroom, a separate store/dressing room & a large bedroom/sitting area with 2 windows providing superb valley views. There is air con and an oldish TV. The included wifi can only be accessed in the dining area. The corridors are adorned with photos/prints of old leaders/maharajahs. There are various mounted game animals on display but some staff seem concerned with us photographing these. The dining room provides Indian/European options & comes well recommended on the net-our included breakfast has Indian/Continental options, with eggs any way, juice, toast, corn flakes, fruit etc. The lunches & dinners also offer options & we enjoy good service & nice food. In room dining is available.
The door locking is a process & follows the pattern that has been at all the hotels so far (certainly requires 2 hands & glasses on for me). Hot water bottles are provided each night & a complimentary newspaper was provided each morning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly Heritage Property & Hidden Jewel of Mussoorie. The present Kasmanda Palace Hotel has been through many Avatars since it was constructed around 1836.Originally built as part of the Christ Church around 1836 it has been a Sanitarium for the British soldiers during the Crimean War (1853 – 1856), A school, known as "The Modern School" (1896 – 1910), the Summer Residence of the Royal Family of Kasmanda and finally it was converted into a Heritage Hotel (1992 - ). Kasmanda Palace is a perfect place to stay and spend quality time with loved ones while enjoying the beautiful outdoors which the hotel has to offer, terraced gardens, exotic trees & plants and the great Doon Valley views. Kasmanda Palace is ideally located in the center of the town, yet away from the noise of the Mall Road. If it gets too quite for you then the busy Mall Road is just a 2 minute walk away or take the hotel courtesy car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your WelcomHeritage Kasmanda Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Hotel Mussoorie
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Mussoorie