We had lunch at Kasmanda Palace recently. It was a misty, cloudy day with clouds coming in from the Doon Valley. Very pleasant experience with nicely chilled beer. The garden was redolent with smells of Nargis and Magnolia and there was a magical feel to the afternoon. The food was good too. Onion soup, fried fish and some Indian curry.
A great place for a relaxed lunch on a summer day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly Heritage Property & Hidden Jewel of Mussoorie. The present Kasmanda Palace Hotel has been through many Avatars since it was constructed around 1836.Originally built as part of the Christ Church around 1836 it has been a Sanitarium for the British soldiers during the Crimean War (1853 – 1856), A school, known as "The Modern School" (1896 – 1910), the Summer Residence of the Royal Family of Kasmanda and finally it was converted into a Heritage Hotel (1992 - ). Kasmanda Palace is a perfect place to stay and spend quality time with loved ones while enjoying the beautiful outdoors which the hotel has to offer, terraced gardens, exotic trees & plants and the great Doon Valley views. Kasmanda Palace is ideally located in the center of the town, yet away from the noise of the Mall Road. If it gets too quite for you then the busy Mall Road is just a 2 minute walk away or take the hotel courtesy car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your WelcomHeritage Kasmanda Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Hotel Mussoorie
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Mussoorie