“A very ordinary hotel charging way more than what it's actually worth.”

Hotel Sun N Snow Mussoorie
Ranked #3 of 98 Mussoorie B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I blindly follow TA reviews before booking hotels BUT this was the first time I felt that the reviews were very wrong. I booked this hotel through Cleartrip for Rs 1720..they had mentioned it as a 3-star property and the photos clubbed with TA reviews made me feel I got a steal-deal..but the reality was far from this..I have uploaded some photos as I feel that's the best way to describe something.

1) The Location - some may like it, as its away from the hustle and bustle but if one is on foot (like i was)..boy its so far!! its 400 metres off gandhi chowk..and though their board on the way says 50 metres, it is atleast 350 metres from that place!!

2) The Room - as soon as I entered the room, the first thing which came to my mind was 'I'm cheated'...A night before that I stayed in 'Hotel Mussoorie Gateway' (2k for the night) and though even their location wasn't that great but it was DEFINITELY value for money as the rooms were AWESOME!! On the other hand, this room seemed like some shady place not worth more than 500-800 bucks!! There was nothing wrong with it to be honest, just that EVERYTHING WAS SO ORDINARY!!

3) The View - the only good part about the room..This hotel has an awesome view from all its rooms!!

All-in-all, if you are getting this room for 1000 bucks, its good..otherwise don't even bother staying here!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AnchitChandra
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sun N Snow Mussoorie

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was carreid away by the reviews about this hotel but when we checked into the hotel it was disappointing for us mainly for two reasons.First, the hotel is situated uphill at a distance of around 350 mtr from gandhi chowk.So, reaching there on foot is a tough call.If yue are not having your own vehicle then be prepared to take a taxi every time when u are approaching towards the hotel.Secondly, room shown in Super Deluxe category on the hotel web site is not the same we were asked to check in.when we complain about it, staff simply shown its ignorance about it.our stay was for two days. In second night it was even more difficult. a mouse entered our room and started roaming. when we complained about it, they tried to locate the mouse but all in vain and finally changed our room. The another room where we got shifted was quite similar to the room that was shown on their web site.apart from these issues, staff was nice and food was good.overall it was bit disappointing for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank vipin m
Reviewed June 14, 2012

sun n snow is one of the best hotel i have been stayed in india so far.the rooms were beautiful n very well maintained.food was soo delicious n yummy.Nice location to all the key sites.staff was very helpful with excellent service.must recommended........

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ramansagoo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I don't normally book hotels online, without taking opinions from friends/family. However, because it was a hastily planned getaway, I decided to risk it. And I don't mind splurging, but the wife put her foot down and forced me to restrict the budget for our stay.

As a result, Sun n Snow was the best we settled on. On reaching the hotel, we were rather appalled by the first room shown to us - it smelled a little musty and wasn't too clean either. However, the proprietor of the hotel - a gentleman called Rahul showed us alternatives and gave us a good, spacious room with an excellent view of the city.

In fact, he went a step ahead and sent us a massive box of chocolates and a huge fruit basket, on hearing that it was my wife's birthday.

Overall, our stay was pleasant (though not extravagantly plush) and I'd recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a budget stay. And what the hotel lacks in terms of comfort, is more than made up for by the friendly behaviour of Rahul and his going out of his way to make things comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sumitsingla81
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Room was good.I want to recommend this hotel to others and I like one more thing in this hotel i.e. Nature of Hotel Owner Mr. Rahul..That guy attend to me as a personal guest. Surely this hotel is very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Advik14
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel location is very good with the excellent hill view from its rooms, The management and staffs are very cooperative and the overall service is too good. Most importantly, the hotel people treat their customers as their guest and they exactly treat them how we treat our guests at home. Foods are also superb and the promptness of their service, I stayed with my kid and very happy with their service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Subharghya
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in the month of march and it was Nice experience to stay for 02 nights also the food was good and service was fine enough Rooms are good, food can be more imaginative - pretty repetative menu...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends