“Amazing place..nice people..instant service”
Review of Silver Arch Hotel

and 1 more site!
Silver Arch Hotel
Ranked #41 of 74 Hotels in Mussoorie
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My trip to mussoorie was planned but accommodation was not booked. After much of searching found this place. Rooms are clean and very well maintained. Excellent location and very reasonable price in comparison to the services they offered. I got a decent discount on the tag price of rooms. Overall, I enjoyed the stay in Silver Arch and plan to book again whenever I travel to mussoorie.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good. they are great value for money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sameer_Vig, Owner at Silver Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your generous response. We strive to make it a priority in the hotel to take care of the guests' comfort. We sincerely thank you for the fantastic review and hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Silver Arch Hotel

Reviewed March 28, 2013

A unplanned trip to mussoorie with a value for money hotel makes it worth memorable. We did not do any bookings this time as earlier times and the place was unknown to us. we had a pet along, 2-3 hotels denied to keep a pet. we were almost repenting to bring our Dog along, but it became blessing in disguise -we were fortunate that we din't get rooms in "The ROCK" which is in just the start of the mussoorie and far away from Mall road or any other...Now this hotel is on the MALL. You have to pay toll of the mall road one time as it is inside the mall road. More over Rooms are good for a Night stay has a modern furniture. Its really easy to stay on the mall for late night too. we had kids and every thing is too close. The food served inside the hotel is nice and tasty specially the "Parantha" and the Tea. My son loved it!!.
Mussoorie has good restaurants like "kalsung" for Chinese and "The Tavern" so dinning out is fun. I extended my stay for one more night since I liked this place infact we upgraded our rooms the next day.The Hotel is at a great location and really value for money! Post my visit I suggested this to my friends who were singles and visited after few months they also like it!
Moreover they took care of my dog well and I am sure that next time I am going to stay here again for its convenience and comfort!

Room Tip: balcony view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Sameer_Vig, Owner at Silver Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your generous response. We strive to make it a priority in the hotel to take care of the guests' comfort. We sincerely thank you for the fantastic review.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Overall the hotel is "value for money" for the budget minded. We had read the reviews made by other travelers on this property. However, we still chose to go ahead with it since the owner promptly responds to each feedback. Now we know better.

As the saying goes - you get what you pay for...this is very true for Silver Arch.

Pros:
1) Neat and Clean
2) Value for money (note: other properties around this one are similarly priced but much bigger and give a better view of the valley - checkout Golden Palms Spa next doors)

Cons:
1) No Power Back-up in this hotel. Mussoorie has fair amount of power cuts and as such a Generator / Power back up is a much needed thing in your hotel.
2) Centralized hot water supply system is switched ON only upon request.
3) Rooms do not have automatic temperature control (however, the hotel provides external heaters)

My advice to the Management is train the staff some more. They lack a sense of urgency and co-ordination. Also get a DG set installed on your property. Taking these basic measures will surely go a long way in improving customer experience.

Room Tip: None of the room has a view of the Valley. So if you are looking for such a view checkout other prop...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sameer_Vig, Owner at Silver Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time out and reviewing our hotel. We would like to apologize for the fact that you faced a problem with the power cuts in Mussoorie. We do have a DG set installed on the premises but unfortunately it was under maintenance when you visited. Also, we have centralized boilers for hot water and due to the power cuts they were also not functioning to their full capacity. After your review, we have updated the staff on how to handle problems so that they do not suffer from lack of coordination.
It is our constant endeavor to ensure that the guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay in our hotel and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for two days and I must say that this is a perfect home away from home. At first I rate this hotel for its modern architecture and then for its location. It was easy for us to stay late at night in the markets and enjoy the local food, which was awesome. The hotels has 20 rooms with three categories. Executive, Classique and Imperial on the higher side as it was a budget trip for me but then I ended up paying a little higher on my budget. Every hotel except Silver Arch has some strange foul smell which made me finalise this hotel for my stay. I would recommend Imperial rooms as they have Balcony and bigger rooms. On the other hand bed sheets & quilts were a little dirty and there were problems with the hot water supply. Restaurant food is not that good. But then the hotel staff provided me 5 buckets of water for me and my wife. All in all thumbs up.

Room Tip: Room 207 on the First floor has two sided balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sameer_Vig, Owner at Silver Arch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for the fabulous review. As far as the food is concerned we have changed our chefs and the whole kitchen team. We are in the process of changing the bedsheets and quilts and we are sure that you will not face such a problem in future.
Warm Regards

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Hotel is in a good location on Mall road so it is very close to restaurants,shopping and taxi stand which I found very convenient. The room is good and the staff is very friendly. I will stay at this hotel again definitely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jonogan
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Loved every moment of my stay in Musssoorie and enjoyed the stay at this hotel. The best thing about the hotel is its modern interiors and it is also nearby to the mall. Neat and clean rooms and great food make this the place to stay in mussoorie.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor for a very good view all round
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

loved our stay. went to mussoorie after a long time and was surprised to find such a good hotel. location is a-one and the interiors are very classy. i am a frequent international traveller and i was very happy with the prompt service and the facilities at the hotel. the staff is very soft spoken and try to fulfill ur every wish

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple