“beautiful”

Rokeby Manor
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Mussoorie
“beautiful”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place everybody must go ,,rokeby is in mussoorie, uttrkhand , small hills station , we doonites love eating and travelling...I like to suggest everybody to visit this mesmerizing place. Before I did not know about this place I got to know throught my cousns , I to love going in rokeby and tell every frnds and relatives. ..

• Stayed October 2012
GM - Rokeby M, General Manager at Rokeby Manor, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and please do come again with your friends.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for almost a week last year in November and it was a great experience.
We stayed in the Lavender room and The Rose suite and later on moved to the daffodil room.
Charming, homely and comfortable place to stay.
Service is very good and the staff is very helpful.
The candy bowl in the lobby was a great attraction to all visitors young and old.
The place is really pretty and compact. Rooms are quite small but that adds to the cosy feel.
I can only wish that there was a real fireplace somewhere.
Spent a bit of time reading an interesting mix of books in the drawing room when not gorging on the delicious fare at Emily's. Loved the walks to Char Dukaan and the sights of deodars at sunset and sunrise are priceless. It's not too expensive for the comfortable stay they provide.
Will definitely come to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor have less noise and more privacy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MercyTetseo
What a wonderful review.. thank you and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to your next visit and we will definitely light up our real fireplaces for you.
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being an annual Mussoorie visitor and a regular breakfaster at Char dukaan round the corner , we were here for lunch on the 20th of August to celebrate our Aunts birthday. Beautifully situated , with great authentic old world charm , an interesting and comprehensive menu, gracious and efficient hospitality, excellent food. Sitting outside between sunshine and the clouds rolling in - wonderful treat. Definitely a must visit on anybodys trip to Mussoorie. And a walk around the chukker and shopping at Prakash as a bonus! And so many old friends seem to have reviewed this already!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SimonJob
GM - Rokeby M, General Manager at Rokeby Manor, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for all your comments and review. We are as satisfied as our guests when they enjoy Rokeby and Landour as much as we do.
We look forward to your next visit. All the best from all of us.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Must visit property and location...it is very quite and beautiful.. very good service, food and ambiance...there are nice places to walk or cycle around...char dukaan is beautiful.. maggi, tea, butter toast and a game of cards at char dukaan is ideal :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bhagat_rakesh
GM - Rokeby M, General Manager at Rokeby Manor, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Landour has its charm and Rokeby compliments it.
We look forward to your next visit.
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm a regular visitor to mussoorie and i have never come across Rokeby Manor until this year when i searched "places to see and eat in mussoorie" while sitting in my hotel . Rokeby is a wonderful place, I had a opportunity to have lunch there with my family , Its near chaar dukan, great food and ambiance. The old house which is restored and converted into hotel is wonderful .
Next time i will definitely stay in rokeby manor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Harshpal K
We are happy that you found us and enjoyed your meal.
We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit.
All the best.
Delhi
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Well I am born and brought up in Dehradun region. From the time we were in school un till now there have been a lot of developments in Mussoorrie and Dehradun Valley. We often during the school days used to visit Mussorrie especially the mall road and chick chocolate for pit stop. There was no place there where one could sit down enjoy solitude and have a meal in peace. Anyways no one wanted to do something like that during school days any ways.

The first time I went to Rockby I was impressed with the way they have utilized every peace of land to build a beautify property. The rooms are decent nothing very fancy but at the same time much above average Mussoorie standards. Its a cozy little place to spend a night in peace.

The food they serve is excellent somehow I prefer their continental cuisine over Indian. The Indian food is average. I go there every few moths with either friends or parents for lunch and come back by the night.

Overall its a beautifully built property. The view is good and food is excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dex A
Thank you for your Day Visit and your valuable review.
We are glad that you enjoy Rokeby as much as we do and await your next visit.
Best wishes.
Delhi
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been to Mussorrie a couple of times on business trips before but I hate staying there because of the crowd and the mad rush. After reading good reviews about Rokeby Manor on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay there on my next visit.
Well, to be honest, the first impression wasn't the best and I was kind of disappointed inside because of my high expectation. After my meetings in Dehradun, I took a cab to Landour with Google Map as my guide. After a long winding roads and uphill climb, I came to a dead-end (Google map to be blamed!). Enquires from the locals weren't much helpful and so I had to go back to the main market area to seek help. How I wished there were road direction sign to the hotel!!
After checking in, I was taken to my room(Acorn Room- I choose this particular room because the website said it had a breath-taking views) which happened to be smaller than my bathroom! I am not kidding! I requested for an upgrade and the staff arranged another room and also offered me a discount, which was a pleasant surprise being on a peak holiday season. The room was nice but had such foul smell and combined with the weather gave me a severe migraine. A request at midnight and they shifted me to a different room. All these time what surprised me was the smile on their faces while dealing with a fussy guest which I can’t deny being one. From there on it was just a wonderful stay. All the first impressions were forgotten.
The best thing about the hotel apart from the wonderful structure was no doubt the restaurant, Emily’s! The quality and taste of the food was superb. Bravo Chef Manohar! For such quality of food, it seem like it was under-priced! But that certainly does not mean a raise in the price and please do not surprise me with your new rates on my next visit lest I be held responsible!
The scooter and cycles on rent is a good option to visit nearby places since the roads are quite narrow for cars to negotiate. I didn’t had enough time to explore the beautiful hill town but looking forward to do it on my next visit.
The warmth and friendliness of the staffs really makes the stay homely. A nice chat with Monish John (who calls himself chief damager) was pleasant and informative.
My stay at Rokeby Manor has been very memorable and I can’t wait to return back for a proper holiday.
Few suggestion to the managing staff;
1. Road direction to the hotel, at least from the main market, really needed for first timers.
2. The foul smell in room 8 needs to be dealt with. It’s a shame for such a nice room.
3. Newspaper in the room, I can’t do without that in the morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GM - Rokeby M, General Manager at Rokeby Manor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review.
We will definitely look into the issues that you have pointed out and sort it out.
We wish you all the best and look forward to your next visit.