We stayed for a day at Rokeby Manor. I can summarize my experience as follows:
1. Peaceful place with some great views of the valley below
2. The ambience was great and staff was helpful
3. The rooms were cozy
4. Breakfast was a feast. The person who served breakfast carried a smile all the time and that is always comforting for a tourist.
1. The rooms were a little stale
2. Price was higher than what I have seen in similar places around the world. We were planning to extend our trip but did not because of the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rokeby was built in 1840 by Captain G.N. Cauthy and is one of the landmarks of Landour. The house and two acre estate are situated slightly above and to the east of St. Paul's Church and the old cantonment parade ground, which is now Char Dukan. Like many houses in Mussoorie, its name is taken from the writings of Sir Walter Scott, whose book-length poem describes heroic battles near the original Rokeby Castle in England. Methodist missionaries continued to operate the property as a guest house throughout the rest of the 20th century. Today, Rokeby has been carefully restored to its original glory. This heritage building is resplendent with character in its elaborate brick arches and niches, intricate stone walls, real wood floors and beams, and cosy fireplaces. Nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, the traditions of bygone years – where colonial officers, renegade soldiers of fortune and pious miss saibs lived under one roof – can still be felt. An air of mystery beckons visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Rokeby Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.