“Beautiful hill station escape”
Review of La Villa Bethany

La Villa Bethany
Ranked #1 of 99 Mussoorie B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2011

La Villa Bethany is an old home that has been refurbished with great attention to detail and warmth. The family that runs the homestay is lovely and will bend over backwards to help coordinate a beautiful, relaxing vacation. They have created a comfortable environment in the most lovely area of Mussoori, Landour. It is quiet, cozy and the views of the Himalayas and the unique Winterline are sublime. You must eat there as well because the food is delicious. You will feel very welcome in this lovely home in its delightful environment. I recommend selecting one of the rooms with a private balcony.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Sunitakudle, Owner at La Villa Bethany, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Arielle,

Thank you for your kind words. The team at La Villa Bethany joins me in thanking you for all your appreciation. Whenever you are in this part of teh world, do remember that you have a home in the Himalaya and your Suite with the private balcony awaits you.

There are newer reviews for La Villa Bethany

Reviewed November 1, 2011

La Villa Bethany, Mussoorie with its picturesque location made my expectations sky high towards it in regards to the hospitality, cleanliness, rooms, food etc.
However the hotel did not rise up to the expectations. Though, the hospitality and warmth extended to me by their staff was exceptional and made me feel really comfortable, the standards which it should have met in context of cleanliness made it a real let down. I couldn't find a gym in the hotel which again made it a let down for me.
As mentioned on their website claiming the hotel to be wifi covered, was again misleading. The internet speed was pathetic and in many parts of the hotel, my devices failed to catch the wifi signal. The service offered to me were again average.
Long story short, it just didn't hit the spot for me.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank abhinav s
lavillabethany, Owner at La Villa Bethany, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Abhinav,

Thank you for your feedback. However we have rechecked our records and are unable to trace your stay with us. Kindly advise us the dates of your stay as well as the name of the room occupied by you. Please do let us know if you were accompanied by a friend/family member and their name.
It has always been our endeavour to give all our esteemed guests a one of a kind experience and inputs would help us better this place.
We are awaiting your response as to when you stayed with us.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

My trip to Mussoorie was fantastic thanks to La Villa Bethany. Unlike all the hotels one would see, this was a home-stay. The rooms were nice and cozy, they had many qualities of a home, the comforting beds, the decorations, and the food. Especially the food. The view was amazing from the lobby (which seemed more like a living room) and the weather was very cool and calm. The most amazing aspect of La Villa Bethany, was that it is completely eco-friendly, and all of the toiletries were helping someone or another. The stay we had was delightful. It is a wonderful place and I highly recommend it!

By the way, you must try the fudge brownie!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AjayC95

Dear Ajay,
thank you for your kind review and the encouragement that you've given the team at La Villa Bethany. As you know, it's our endeavour to be socially relevant and responsible and we are glad that you've acknowledged the same in your review.
You will be happy to know that La Villa Bethany has been recognised by Responsible Travel, UK for the initiatives that we've undertaken for the environment.
We are already looking forward to hosting you and your family and friends again.
Thank you and regards.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

La Villa Bethany added a few more stars to the picturesque location of Landour. The warm welcome, lovely rooms, cozy bed and the service par excellence summarizes my stay at bethany. Attention to fine details within the room is what made the experience even better. Its a perfect place to get away from the hustle bustle of the city life. It was a memorable trip for me and my husband. It was just what we needed to refresh our minds. I still miss the early morning cup of coffee in our room varanda with the clouds surrounding us. I still miss the long conversations over dinner with Amarjit and the sweet gestures of his daughter Shrusti. I would highly recommend La Villa Bethany to all those who are looking forward to a pleasant stay at a beautiful location and a "home away from home". Can't wait to revisit!!! Thank you for Everything!

Room Tip: The Bedell Suite is lovely
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PoojaPune
Sunitakudle, Owner at La Villa Bethany, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Pooja,

Thank you for taking out the time to review us and I am very sorry for such a delayed response. However you would be glad to know that this time has been well spent in making "your home" more comfortable for all its future guests! We now have a few additions to the house which I am sure you would like.

We have also been busy in taking forward our commitment to the environment and the local community further and are working extensively with the close by villages that were affected by the floods last year. These efforts are now yielding results and we have managed to positively impact lives of more that 500 families. We would love to share all this with you in your future visits.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I’m grateful to have stumbled upon this charming place. Along the lines of an American-style bed and breakfast, a peaceful place to come back to and a relaxing counter-balance to some of the stresses of India. I can only think of the past couple of weeks staying here as a gift of total rejuvenation and relaxation. Amarjit and Sunita are extremely sweet, but also highly professional and very invested in the guest’s experience. They also have a little daughter who offers an endless supply of sweet things to laugh about. They were clear from the beginning that they just want you to have as nice of a time as possible, and were very open to requests. As a language student at the Landour School, I was able to maintain a nice balance between study and relaxation in my room and the common spaces provided. You'll have peace and quite. I have come from America and have lived in India for over a year (having travelled around quite a bit). I don’t think I have ever come across such a pleasant, clean and easy environment as the family has created here at LVB. I’ll be certain to come back!

Thank You Greatly!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Wells N

Reviewed September 8, 2011

La Villa Bethany - “a charming home stay in the Himalayas with five star hospitality” - is one of the best ways to describe it.

This is a beautifully done English cottage with an elegant décor while retaining the old charm of the place. Every aspect which has gone in, to setup La Villa Bethany seems to be very well thought of and is very evident in all aspects; let it be the rooms, dining area, library or even the courtyard with the play area for the kids. The warm and cozy hues make this place very comforting especially for people looking for a tranquil stay.

One of the best parts of the property is the view it offers. We were staying at the Bedell Suite in the Longworth Block which has a personal balcony. Undoubtedly, the room was amazing but the view of the valley from the balcony is an experience to have. We spent hours sitting in the balcony with a book while enjoying the play of the clouds (we visited in August) and how they would just rise up all of a sudden and provide a line of sight right up to Dehradun.

There is an in-house library called the Mackinnon's study which has an interesting selection of books to choose from for all ages. I must make a special mention of a beautiful collection of books in the kids section, which can provide a very special way to bond with your kids. Not to forget mentioning the Capt Young’s dining room (which can double up as a conference room) has tastefully done interiors. We did indulge in the highly acclaimed walnut brownie and just can whole heartedly agree with all the recommendations.

It was very pleasing to know that La Villa Bethany is putting an effort to reduce the carbon footprint by water harvesting and using solar panels. We really appreciate the efforts to encourage and train young locals to work at their property and the use of organic toiletries and quilts from local NGO's.

The gracious owners Amarjeet and Sunita and of course the little Shrushti can keep you engaged with their intelligent conversations and are also very helpful in guiding you on sightseeing and things to buy locally. We did get our share of jams, leather sandals, organic toiletries based on the recommendations. The complete staff is very friendly and courteous.

I could keep writing a lot more......but "La Villa Bethany" is better experienced than just being read about :)

Room Tip: The Bedell Suite is a ravishing suite with a captivating view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Smiles1876
Sunitakudle, Owner at La Villa Bethany, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Archana,

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Had a great experience at La Villa Bethany... Great homemade food, amazing valley view from the rooms, helpful people and last but not the least one could sit in the balcony for hours and hours enjoying the valley view... Thanks Amarjeet for one of my most memorable trips. :-)

Anshul Ahuja

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank anshul_vj
lavillabethany, Owner at La Villa Bethany, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. It spurs the entire team at La Villa Bethany - your home in the Himalayas to excel further. We look forward to hosting you and your family soon.