“a little Tibet in Landour, Mussoorie...”
Review of Doma's Inn

Doma's Inn
Ranked #5 of 97 Mussoorie B&B and Inns
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“a little Tibet in Landour, Mussoorie...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

though I didn't stay with this property, but had two lunches at the restaurant. Till date the best Momos/dim sum n' Thukpa/noodle soup in Northern India. The owner, Tenzing was very kind to show me around the well-appointed rooms and a small lounge. Will be a great hit with groups/young travellers/trekkers. Value for money, and extremely well-located. Go for it.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank aruntrg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was part of a group that stayed at Doma's for several weeks, and when I return to Mussoorie/Landour, I will absolutely return to Doma's! The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and relaxing, with all amenities you'd ever want or need. The topmost room has the most breathtaking views I've ever enjoyed from a hotel - Dehradun and the Jamuna river are visible on a clear day. The staff, however, is the real selling point for me - they are always attentive, friendly, helpful and several times during our visit went above and beyond the call of duty to make our trip easier. As other reviewers have noted, it's far enough from the madding weekend crowd in the bazaars below, but it's only a 15-minute walk downhill to the shops in Landour/Kulri. Uphill you'll find the spectacular vistas and, if you are studying at the Landour Language School, it's also a convenient 25-minute walk up the road. And finally - try the steamed momos!

Room Tip: The topmost room has the best views!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Atombhai
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well!!!! could not write more than it`s own beauty, nice rooms very neat bathrooms, no water problem fantastic tibetan food, 98% internet connectivity friendly staff and a relaxed manager makes the services very smooth and good. Decorated with fabulous paintings all over which gives you the feel of staying in Ladakh and Tibet. We stayed here for 3 days and felt like staying at home. Every thing was perfect throughout. They have a tradition of putting a Khatak around your neck with the best wishes at the time of the check out.
Alaso the lounge is a very nice place to relax with a cup of cofee and through which you enjoy a beautiful view.
It is located in the Landour ( old mussoorie) away from the crowded area of Mussoorie.
I highly recommend this place if any one is looking to stay in a quiet and a nature loving place.

Room Tip: Room no.1 on the first floor with a nice view and an attached lounge
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jayant_Bakshi
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had the privilege of staying at Domas in for 6 weeks with my university's study abroad program. Domas Inn is run by a wonderful family with wonderful workers who are willing to help you no matter what. The atmosphere is energetic yet relaxing at the same time. Order anything on the menu- it's all delicious!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rachel M
Pune, India
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at Doma's Inn for 2 nights and 3 days in April 2013. This was my 1st visit to Mussoorie and I picked Doma's Inn just out of curiosity as I was intrigued by the reviews on TripAdvisor as well as the description on their website. While I was a bit skeptical about the kind of experience and service I would receive, I must say that I was really wonderfully impressed with the overall experience!

Location - For the regular traveler, the location may seem a bit off from the mainstream Mussoorie attraction of Mall Road. It is definitely not walking distance to and from the Mall Road. You will need to either have a vehicle or engage a taxi. However, I thought the location in Landour was ideal given that I wanted to include some leisure walks around the hills during my stay. The inn is about a brisk (and steep!) 10 min walk from the quaint Char Dukan in Landour. The round trip walk around Char Dukan through Lal Tibba is a wonderful 2-2.5 hour stroll through a conifer forest, rhododendron blooms, stunning views of the Uttarakhand Himalayan snow caps and peeks into some celebrity homes!

Reservation Experience - The reservation experience was pretty smooth. Sunil, the manager, was always very helpful and forthcoming in responding to emails or providing information over the phone. Unlike most other hotels in the Mussoorie area that demand 100% advance payment, all they asked of me was a token payment for reserving my room. I had specifically requested for a particular room and I got exactly that.

Rooms - The rooms at Doma's are tasetfully decorated with quaint and colorful Tibetian and North Indian decorations. The cleanliness of the rooms was up to the mark and the rooms included all tthe standard amenities. The only issue I thought was that the basin plumbing in my room appeared to be a bit makeshift but it was nothing too bad. The shower area also had a slightly low roof. However, all this was made up by the fact that the rest of the room was awesome. My room also afforded an excellent view of the Doon valley and the view was specially wonderful in the evening with the valley all lit up in the distance.

Service and Housekeeping - The overall service was pretty good and the staff were very courteous for any requests that we made. Housekeeping though is provided only if deposit the key with them before moving out for sightseeing etc.

Restaurant - Doma's includes a restaurant that serves a medley of Tibetian, Chinese and bit of Indian cuisine. The food quality was pretty decent and so was the pricing. They would customize the food as per any special request that we had. While there aren't much food options close to the inn, I would recommend Char Dukan for breakfast and/or lunch.

All-in-all, my stay at Doma's was absolutely wonderful and I would recommend the place without any qualms. The service provided by the team left us feeling that it was almost like home to us. At the end of our stay, Sunil presented us (including my toddler son) with Tibetian white prayer shawls which topped off our stay with a very personal touch indeed!

Room Tip: I would recommend room 101 which is very spacious and has excellent views of the Doon valley. It is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank APP_GOI
Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights, 3rd & 4th May'13. The place is simply great. If you want to spend some time in peace with great food,relax and just enjoy the cool breeze, you will love this place.With the total capacity to accommodate 18 people, this place is filled with international tourist most of the time. Little away from typical Mall road, so you can enjoy yourself in cute, cozy and comfortable rooms. Rooms are pretty clean, the staff is very helpful. Specially the guy Sunil is very polite and cooperative. We needed a Doc, which got arranged on call in 20 mins. A great place for young couples. Don't miss on Dhanaulti, much better scenic view than mussoorie. All rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi, hot water, LCD's, DTH. A different experience in Tibet style.

Room Tip: Choose front view rooms with the sitting lounge next to it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Auli, India
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Away from the crowed city center, the place is ideal for visitors looking for a quality holiday in Mussoorie. The Inn is located at one of the remaining places of the original Mussoorie. Probably the only place where you can add jogging, hiking and bird watching in your schedule apart from the routine visit to the crowed Mall road.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are the best
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends