“Great Hositality”

Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Mussoorie
delhi
“Great Hositality”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Mussoorie is an excellent place to visit for relaxation from ur daily routines .....After visiting Ilbert Manor i felt amazing the property is located close to the Mall Road and is luxurious .the ambiance of the hotel is really good.there is a Himalayan view that can be seen from backside of the hotel the interior of the hotel is worth seeing each room has a unique interior and a name given to it.the food and hospitality of the hotel is excellent..there is a small library ,spa and meditation room which are very relaxing ...I really feel if one visits Mussoorie hotel Ilbert Manor is worth visiting.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sabrina s
IlbertManor, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ilbert Manor Mussoorie. First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay and giving us your honest feedback. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday at the Ilbert Manor. It will be our pleasure to continue providing you with our personalized services in the future.

Ilbert Manor Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Mussoorie is rightly worthy of the title "the queen of hills". My stay at Ilbert Manor made it one of the best hill station excursions. Ilbert is located at a highly esteemed property. It is very close to The Mall Road and other tourist destinations. They have a special pick up and drop,cab facility . The rooms are opulent and extremely comfortable. The hall is really beautiful where one can sit, read a good book,newspaper and sip tea or coffee. Whenever i go to mussoorie, ilbert is my first preference in hotels. It has so much to offer. I absolutely loved the food there. Hats off to the chef,amazing and sumptuous indian cuisine. And sometimes there is an open kitchen in the garden where we are served pasta and salads. I had an amazing time at ilbert.The staff is cooperative and hospitable. I have been there with my family and friends both.It was a vacation in complete tranquility. I relish the experience :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Nehar G

new Delhi
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Over prised and look out for hidden Charges as in food and extra beddings.
Food quality is average and not much to dishes in menue to offer.
Bathrooms and rooms are nice with decent furniture and fixtures. However I dont think they have much staff to handle big bookings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank two2lie
Ilbert M, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this review, June 25, 2013

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Like most of us.... after several months of working and putting myself through absolute torture of getting stuck in traffic to and fro to work with absolutely no time to myself ,honks of cars is all I could hear, I needed a Getaway. I decided to go up the hills.. Destination Mussoorie. Amazing drive. Checked in at Ilbert Manor. Coming from a hospitality background, very seldom but I do get into the details of noticing every thing at the Hotel. This heritage property was flawfless! "CLASSIC" is how I would describe it! I loved the yoga and meditation room.... delicious food and everything else. close to the mall yet quiet! One of the best properties I have visited. I think they are going to see a lot more of me ! :D

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank rabia m

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I went to Ilbert Manor for two nights and even though I was traveling alone I would surely go back with my family. It is slightly away from the crowded Mall Road and in my definition that is a plus. Yet it is not too far away from the city hub.

The rooms are really beautiful but just walk to the first floor and see the corridor and slanting roof, it just took my breath away. Modern buildings are no longer built that way! The chairs by the window are inviting to sit by them and do nothing or maybe read.

The room service is good. Try their 'Bombay Sandwiches' it was really well done. Even the pakoras are quite good.

I was not carrying my laptop but I am told that the hotel has wifi.

I have tried their spa and the lady who attended to me was good, she was quite attentive to my needs.

Overall I had an excellent stay, I was quite comfortable. In the end I like the sign left on the tables and this is a paraphrase, no one has smoked here since 1840, we appreciate that you are keeping the tradition alive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Mridulablog

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Like most of the travellers have mentioned already that when we were on the way to the property we were not sure of our choice but, the moment we entered the Ilbert Manor estate we were presently surprized. The property is luxury in every way. The Lounge, bar and the private reading room were my favrourite hangouts.
My wife spent time doing meditation in their yoga, meditation and steam room. They even arranged a yoga session for me wife where the yoga instructor gave her natural healing and tips on how to live our life better.
We stayed at The Manor for 3 nights and ate very nice and wholesome indian food. The chef were consulting personally with everyone before hand. We were very impressed with the personalized services. The small touches in the room and bathroom made us their loyal customers. We are planning to visit them soon. we recommend Ilbert Manor to all the travellers. Its a hidden jewel in mussoorie hills

Room Tip: Ask for fanny parkes room or john mackinnon room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lilisingh1965

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Apprehension turned out to be a very nice surprise when we reached Ilbert Manor. As usual, Mussoorie was a traffic chaos when we entered but the Manager Mr Abhishek offered great personal help in finding suitable parking for our vehicles which otheriwse would have been a nightmare. The Property is awesome. It is a 170 years villa, restored and converted into a small resort. The victorian soul of the property is still intact with massive rooms, 16 ft high ceilings, wooden flooring and impeccably kept. Even though it is 100 mtrs off the Mall, they have a good service for pick and drop to the Mall. The staff was very nice and friendly. There are facilities of a spa, pool table, small library etc.
Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank atuldhingra24
IlbertManor, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for the great review. It is our pleasure to host such lovely guests.