“Good hotel but not good food”
Review of Sterling Mussoorie

Sterling Mussoorie
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Mussoorie
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel is nice and location is good. Need to improve on room allocation service and food. Its expensive and not upto standards in terms of taste,freshness and quality. Do speak to reception if the room is far away as you may have to walk with breathlessness and especially with elders. To save cost n food, go to library road and pick up food, its better than the hotel food at that cost.

Room Tip: Ask for room near the reception else walk down a lot
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Meens_Vishnu
SterlingHolidays, Owner at Sterling Mussoorie, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays! Thank you for the positive comments on our property and location. Meanwhile we have taken down your concerns regarding maintenance and F&B services.

Please be assured that the issues mentioned will be looked into immediately.

We thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are looking forward to serving you on your next visit to one of our resorts.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

sterling has given me quite a mixed impression. It's good points are :
1) wonderful spacious rooms
2) awesome view
3) prompt and quick staff

4) nice game room

5) food is excellent! A la carte is very cheap and good. Buffet is not a sensible option 2 take

Bad points are:
1) bad location. It takes rs. 200 one way to the mall road. Sterling is@ a gr8 height

2) some rooms are 300
steps below the reception which is a very exhausting walk.
3) overpriced activities
4) inexperienced staffing by certain staff members is another concern
5) no connection in rooms. U have 2 go 2 the reception to make or answer a call

A good stay overall. Sterling has done well but can do better

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays! We are delighted to hear your positive response about our property, staff, Holiday Activities and F&B services. Meanwhile we have noted your views regarding location, connectivity and other issues and it has been shared with management. Please be assured that necessary steps shall be taken to better our services.

We thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback. We look forward to your next visit earnestly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a time share owner and booked a week at
Sterling Mussorie

I arrived at the resort as planned on 20th June , 2012 and faced so
much inconvenience that I had to depart the very same day.

1) On arrival the room was not ready and we were asked to wait for an hour

2) Finally a room was provided that was at least 100 steps below the
Reception area. The resort has no lifts/ elevator and this was not
mentioned in your reservation slip or informed to us at any stage. It
was really painful to climb 100 steps to come to the lobby and dining
hall. The room was in a dilapidated condition and not livable

3) At no place in the Sterling Mussorie resort, there was mobile
signal available. So our cellphones stopped working. I am in the
healthcare industry where patients need my help almost round the
clock. It was impossible for me to stay at your resort for one week
without the mobile connectivity. Again this critical detail that
mobile phone do not work at Sterling Mussorie was never informed to us
in advance ....how irresponsible and callous is your company ??

4) Since the mobile phone and internet data card did not work - we
sought help from their staff but they were least bothered. The Resort
Manager and the Front Office Manager were missing

5) We had no option than to check out of that place and move to a
hotel nearby. But that caused me a loss of Rs 30000/- and I have lost
my Timeshare days which were used for booking a holiday at Sterling

Room Tip: Sterling Holiday Resorts (India) Limited is a financially sick company so they do not maintain their...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Deepu24

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Sterling Holidays! We understand that you were dissatisfied with your stay. Please be assured all the necessary steps have been immediately taken to look into the issues put forward by you.

We hope that you will visit us again and give us an opportunity to showcase our true standards of service. We are undergoing extensive refurbishment across our resorts. We deeply value your feedback and want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know your views.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The property is nice and comfortable. Its a family resort, so you won't find many couples out there. It has a nice recreation area with billiards, chess, carrom, table tennis.

The rooms are OKish. They gave us a renovated room, but the fixtures were ordinary. The bathroom was clean and hot water was available. Our room had a nice view from the balcony. The property was still under renovation when we stayed there, but they kept the work areas nicely separated. The smell of the paint though was still there. The balcony door was not wind proof, so probably in winters it will a lot more cold.

The dinner and breakfast buffet was a bit better than the property itself.

They have guest parking but when it gets full you start wondering why I didn't bring hatchback as it can get really cramped. About 15 cars can be parked easily, if that number increases you are in trouble.

The most disappointing part is the fact that the property is 2.5km away from Library / Gandhi chowk and the road you take to reach there is very narrow. So if another car comes in opposite direction you are on your own. And if you drive your own car, its no good as the parking isn't closeby the market anyway.

this was my first trip to Mussoorie and I used the hotel as I used my FREE vouchers. My next trip I will surely opt for properties on Mall road or Landour with nice parking, where you can have a stroll on mall road anytime of the day without any parking / driving hiccups.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with a valley view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suprav
Reviewed April 23, 2013

In my 15+ years of domestic and international travel, I have never experienced such LOUSY staff and service. I can write paragraphs on how our trip was ruined by the staff but in the interest of keeping it objective, I choose to be brief and give a rather unbiased view. Apart from being provided with rooms at 5pm while we arrived at the hotel at noon, the rooms were 190 steps down from the reception/main area. They were adjacent to where a massive renovation was underway and the staff wasn't available when needed. To make it all worse, there were HUGE parking issues and when we tried to call the manager on duty (Mr Rajendra Mathure) to assist resolve since the guards on duty were not helpful, he was not only rude but he said stuff like --- I have a life, do you want me to have poison and die and what not!!!. It put me in a state of shock becuase who in a responsible position would talk like that? I truly hope someone senior within the Sterling management sees this and address the issue. And for the sake of your own sanity, go anywhere else but here since there are a bunch of jerks running this place! Btw we made the booking through make my trip and they werent of any assistance when we reported our issues to them.

Room Tip: The pictures on make my trip do NOT show the correct picture. Most of the rooms are located at a f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Avika N
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We hesitantly booked Sterling (being members) for our stay recently. We were provided newly renovated guest rooms, which are quite nice. the view from the resort is good, located at an elevation. Food was ok, though you don't have much choice at that location. Its worthwhile only for members. Biggest disappointment was that rooms have no view/balcony, as they were located at the basement overlooking hotel staff quarters.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms they have good amenities, but no view (located at the basement).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandyag321
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel staff does not know single thing about the service industry and top of all the hotel staff is not educated at all. I reached the hotel at 12 pm and i paid in advance for the booking still i was provided with the room at 5 pm in the evening. Story does not end here i made numerous calls to room service and reception and maximum times my call was not picked and by chance if the call was picked then no one gave me the concrete answer they rather kept on making excuses like "Our staff is on his Lunch break".
Trust me there is no good view from this hotel it's all myth.

Room Tip: There is a renovation going on so please avoid booking this hotel coz you will not be able to sleep...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends