This is a hotel with a great potential ruined by the hundreds of steps you have to climb and rude management. Following are the good and bad points
1) View from rooms is amazing. The rooms themselves are spacious and clean.
2) Food is decent, but nothing to rave about. Service in the restaurant is amazing.
3) Room service is good and so are the amenities and complimentary toiletries.
1) You have to climb hundreds of steps to get from your room to the lobby and the road.
DO NOT GO if you are travelling with children, elderly or disabled. Even healthy people will find it exhausting. The lowest rooms are a heart attack inducing 300+ steps.
2) Food from the ala carte menu is terribly over priced. So opt for the package instead,
3) Management is rude and un-accommodating. They did not give us our choice of rooms despite them being available. We had to literally fight and yell at them to give us good rooms. They were also unwilling to give us discount on food package as we were referred guests of members. We had to fight and point that it is written on the brochure before they acceded.
4) it is situated 2.5 km from the town, so you have to spend at least 600 per car for a round journey every time you need to go to the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New décor combines with the good old charm of Mussoorie to . At night, be amazed by the Doon valley which comes alive with glimmering lights from all over the city, scented by the aroma of thick Deodar trees. Experience this magic, and a lot more at Sterling Mussoorie where our staff await you with lovely surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Sterling Mussoorie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.