“the best hotel in Dehradun”
Review of The Solitaire

The Solitaire
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dehradun
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was visited The Solitaire Dehradun hotel in April 2013 for two nights.
From my experience it is the best hotel in Dehradun and I have already visited a few of them looking for good hotel as a business man which have good budget for it.
However it is all issue of alternatives, It is the best alternative for good hotel in Dehradun only, price are fair, you don't pay for Taj or Hilton and you don't get 5 stars level, but you get good value for your money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ami6515
The_Solitaire, Owner at The Solitaire, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Solitaire Dehradun. We are highly thankful for your warm words of appreciation. It is our constant endeavor to provide you a pleasant stay at The Solitaire DehraDun.

We thank you and look forward to have you with us again

Reviewed April 25, 2013

During my family visit to dehradun i stayed in solitaire hotel. It was an awesome and unforgettable experience. the service was too good and the staff was polite and courteous. I also used the spa facility which was a mind blowing experience. rooms were neat and clean and the ambience was too good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PoojaBisht24
The_Solitaire, Owner at The Solitaire, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I during my official visit to town had stayed in Solitaire, I found the hotel same as shown in pictures. the Manager who was very warm, courteous, polite & helpful & had personally attended me & on my request changed my room to a better view room. Food quality is good. room are very neat & clean.staff is also good & courteous. only thing is: the hotel is little away from city centre & should offer a pick & drop facility. I strongly recommend the Hotel for a comfortable & enjoyable stay. All my praise for the young Manager.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny" & make transport arrangement as it is located out of cit...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RaviDua

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had organized my son's birthday party in The Solitaire.
This was the 7th birthday party i had thrown but this time it turned out to be the best experience ever due to the excellent food and ambiance, service and decoration themes we were shown and provided. Right from the beginning the young staff was keen to do some new themes for the party. It was not very expensive and worth every penny spent. The hotel took the whole responsibility of the decor, food, cake and even a perfect slideshow and left me without any hassle at all. I appreciate the personal effort taken by the hotel in the party and taking care of everything in a highly professional and flawless manner. This was a celebration with the highest level of finesse i have ever seen in my life. looking forward to many more parties at The Solitaire.
Highly recommended for celebration of party.

Room Tip: prefer a room which is either front facing so as to have a nice view of the drive-way and the founta...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sonal s
The_Solitaire, Owner at The Solitaire, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

It was indeed a pleasure to have your celebration with us at The Solitaire.
It is our constant endeavor to make every event successful by personal attention from the management as well as the managers.
We would be honored to host your parties in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Sangeet was organised in one of The Solitaire's halls. The hall was booked almost 2 months in advance of the ceremony.

I can not begin to describe how badly the management had organized the event. We were not allowed a DJ because the glass walls were apparently very sensitive - which is understandable. However, we were promised a perfect music system (which is the entire point of a Sangeet/Music ceremony anyway). The music and sound system was awful and the mike and the speakers kept going off all the time so that any announcements or dance performances were badly interrupted.

My husband and I had prepared our first dance. We started dancing and the speakers just stopped working in the middle of the song leading to massive embarrassment.

The manager who was present there (whose name I cant remember but would definitely like to name when I do remember) completely failed to help us despite our complaints and requests that the music/sound system was not working properly. How is one supposed to hold a Sangeet function when the music/sound system is not working properly. There was nobody to assist with the sound system - although we had been promised that somebody would be around to handle the sound system in case anything went wrong.

For a hotel that boasts superiority to all hotels in Dehradun, this is the worst place one could organize a wedding event. Thanks to the hotel my entire Sangeet/Music ceremony was ruined.

Im amazed that the management did nothing to help us. Further, instead of offering an apology they were more concerned about collecting their payment from us. This hotel has the worst management ever and I can assure you that there were a lot of people from Dehradun present at the event and they will definitely not be hosting any event at this hotel.

Most people would call this defrauding because we were not provided the services that we were promised for the payment we made. And despite such a shoddy job, the hotel pressed us for the full payment. Therefore, please avoid this hotel for any functions/events.

My experience at the hotel has been nothing short of terrible. Just posing a hotel as a fancy hotel is not what makes it good - it is also the quality of service provided combined with amenities that makes a hotel a good one.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank prachiharley
The_Solitaire, Owner at The Solitaire, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

The Solitaire insists that sangeet and any events that need music and DJ system s be held in our wide choice of banquet and party venues, and not the conference hall. The conference hall, though supported by JBL speakers and sennheiser mikes is dedicated to support speech and debates but not dance and music.
The Solitaire assures all guests of high quality amenities, food, services and dedicated infrastructure for any kind of event.
Any dissatisfaction due to wrong instructions given by organizer is deeply regretted. We wish to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great location and even better food. This was my first visit to Dehradun and i was not disappointed with the services in this hotel. I am always skeptical about booking hotels online when I visit smaller cities but this one turned out to be really good. Well maintained, great service and this place was very well connected to most popular places i visited during my stay. Above all I would highly recommend trying food here as that was one of the best part of my stay here. Staff is courteous and well behaved.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank somrules

We thank you and look forward to have you with us again

Reviewed November 30, 2012

had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful hotel. It was a pleasant experience to spend time at this hotel with family, prompt service and clean rooms and washrooms.cheerful staff, quality matched the five star standards. the best part is that its situated in a peaceful environment, away from the bustle of the city but has good connectivity.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Komal58

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Solitaire Dehradun. It is our constant endeavor to provide you pleasant stay at The Solitaire DehraDun.

We thank you and look forward to have you with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dehradun
Hotel Aketa
Hotel Shiva Residency,Dehradun
Lemon Tree Hotel, Dehradun
Lemon Tree Hotel, Dehradun
#8 of 209 in Dehradun District

Been to The Solitaire? Share your experiences!