Came back from Varanasi yesterday and stayed in Palace on Steps for a couple of stays. The location and property is very very good with an equally horrible service and nasty behviour. Some oversmart UP Guys probably the biggest crooks I have ever seen, run the place (no idea who the owner is). We had booked standard rooms and once reaching there wanted to upgrade to a ganga view room. They gave us a rate (which was verbal and not matching the tarriff card) which suited us, but while checking out we were told that we would have to pay that agreed rate on top of our standard room payment and not a differential rate for upgradation. When argued we hear that travellers from Kolkata are troublemakers ! Though I have given my piece of mind, would recommend not to stay in a place where you do not know what trap you would get into. Sevice is very ordinary and food is very average. We go for a holiday to unwind and not to come back with a nasty experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varanasi a mirror of ancient spiritual India and a destination swinging to the of India,s vibrant culture is a must visit for any traveler wishing to experience real India. To experience the real essence of Varanasi it is essential to discover and explore the ''old city' and the ghats the steps leading to the holy Ganges and the ghats the steps leading to holy Ganges. The hotel Palace on steps ,located at a prime location in the holy city, holds the distinction of having the maximum number of rooms offering an unparallelled view of the Ganges. Besides the hotel is a true balanced blend of luxury and comfort for the travelers ready to experience Varanasi in all its glory interestingly the hotel is designed aesthetically with a touch of true Indian history as showcased in the castle design which dates back about 400years. therefore the guest have an attraction of experiencing the splendor of medieval Indian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Palace on Steps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace On Steps Hotel Varanasi
- Palace On Stepss Varanasi