“place to stay”
Review of Hotel Haifa

Hotel Haifa
Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Varanasi
Reviewed December 6, 2013

it was a pleasant experience to stay here, staff was professional and helpful. Food was excellent too. service was up to the mark , they also have money change and transfer facility .they have travel desk to organize our trip to and sight seen in varanasi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The HOTEL HAIFA is very good hotel in the Holy city. This hotel is very good choice for many reason.This hotel price is very good value, 24 hour hot water,T V with all chanels , clean room, cxcellent location very short to the Ganga River, Kashi temple, Durga Temple,Monkey Temple and B H U., very good staff etc. The hotel has a very good restaurant.I stayed here 3 nights , all the staff were friendly and helpful.A happy experience in the heart of Varanasi.

Room Tip: A happy experience in the heart of Varanasi.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a very good choice for many reasons. It is moderately priced, clean and an excellent location very short walk to Assi Ghat. It has a very good restaurant with very helpful staff. All the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful. I stayed for a month and never had any problems at all. I have read a few bad reviews and can't understand what these people wanted. If you want to stay at the Hyatt Regency o.k. but for the money this is a great hotel. This is India not France. Any time I needed anything the staff were courteous and helpful. I stayed here 3 years ago and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I booked this hotel through make my trip.com an Indian travel website. After booking I called up the hotel to ask for location. The moment the call was answered the staff was so unprofessional there was no greeting, initially I thought I dialed a wrong number but later on it was confirmed to me that it was a correct number. I told the manager that I will be visiting with my wife and he confirmed me that room was available. He also informed me that I should show him original marriage certificate and then only the room will be given to me. Initially I resisted this though later on i agreed. I did not like this demand by the hotel because the way I was asked to get the marriage certificate was very unprofessional and as guest I did not appreciate this. But as there were no hotels available and I had already paid through make my trip so I had to stick with this hotel.

The day when I was about to reach the hotel I got the call from the website that hotel has given my room to somebody else. It was shocking to me as I was about to reach Varanasi and it was like 8 pm and all the other hotels were mostly booked as it was a weeding season.

Though make my trip arranged an alternative but this was very unprofessional behavior shown by the hotel and I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaypreet
Reviewed November 20, 2013

it was very good hotel and a walking distance to Assi Ghat. It is very near to kashi Temple, Shopping and to BHU. Overall, the hotel and staff were very good , The manager of the hotel was very nice and he satisfied our demands infact he was very humble.Thank u sir!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kawse
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The pictures shown in clear trip are very impressive. The actuality is different. It is an average hotel. I had booked a deluxe room in this hotel. They first took me into a room, the AC was not working. Then they took me into another room. The AC was working there with a Tractor's noise. The TV remote operation needs lot of expertise in the field. There was no enough light in the room, in order to reduce electricity consumption they used all CFL lamps which are so uncomfortable for the eyes. And when you are on a trip you are certainly not expected to compromise on your comforts, I believe. There were no enough plug points to charge mobile phones, battery charger and laptop. and no accessible charging points near your bed at all. The balcony in my room is just for name sake, I think the room number is 104. It opened to the walls of other buildings. They call it a deluxe room. I am not satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Sarith S
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was close to our hotel and the Israeli food was something different from the typical "Chinese, Indian, continental" choices you get at most restaurants in the area. There seems to be a lot of groups, so try to get your order in before theirs!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends