“Hotel fine, but a dishonest action put me off.”

Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Varanasi
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here for three days on tour of India and it was an excellent base for exploring this strange but very special city. We were here at festival time and the city was very busy, but you can get a tuk-tuk outside the hotel to take you as near as possible to the river.

Hotel room and facilities are really comfortable, maybe a little outdated but not complaining at all. Meals are good too, with plenty of choice for all tastes.

What really upset me was that a member of staff tried to 'diddle' me when I changed money in the hotel. I was given no receipt and when I checked the rupees I had received it was less than I expected. I went back and the extra was handed over with a shrug and no comment. I expect they thought that I was a stupid foreign tourist who would not check. The duty manager was sitting nearby and didn't say a word, so maybe it was an accepted scam.

So this soured the stay here for me. I liked the hotel, so if your stay there, check everything, and demand a receipt if you change money!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rose_of_York
There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel looks old but clean, nice big room and bath.
Mattress was old and lumpy, maybe time for new ones.
Check in was easy and fast with polite and friendly staff.
Location was good, only a few minutes away from train station by Rickshaw, and 30 minutes from airport (we flew) by taxi.
Very quiet, nice hotel but bit of way from Ganga river and markets.
There is a small mall right near hotel and if you get tired of eating Indian food, you can go there and grab a McDonalds chicken sandwich and there is also a Pizza Hut inside the mall too.
Breakfast spread was good but not the best.
Interestingly they have live Dosa station where they serve breaskfast, if you order one, they will make you a nice fresh one right there.
if you don't mind grabbing a Rickshaw to travel here and there from hotel, you will have very quiet good nights sleep in crazy Varanasi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

On my audit i had to gone varanasi there i had made a stay for two days in Hotel Ramada.This was a really great hotel stay experience for me.As the property that was offered was truely of international level.A large area was open in the hotel compound giving relaxed theme to this hotel.Lobby was very good with best furnishing and architecture.A pastry shop was also there at the reception lobby to enjoy sitting in lobby.Rooms quality,furniture there at, Aircondioning system, toilet, bed was really very good.The view outside the window was not so remarkable.but hotel is situated in very peacefull area of cantt.Even few more good hotel like redission was nearby situated but none were having that much space that ramada was having.Tarriff wise it is not so costly if we consider all the things including complementry breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: if you want a hotel with large open space then choose this hotel only
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I thoughly enjoyed my stay at the Ramada Plaza. My sister and I were in Varanasi for a day on 28th September 2012. We were greated by the staff with a warm smile. The entire staff without exception took care of us. The room was large and clean. The service is good, we were greated with soft drink and chocolates. The buffet breakfast was excellent. I enjoyed thier chole very much. It was the best one i ever ate. The staff went out of thier way to get the flight e-ticket printed for us without charging a penny. Auto rickshaws are available outside the hotel and the existence of the Mall adds convenience to the guest. On the whole, in my opinion, the best hotel in Varanasi. This was my fourth visit to Varanasi, and i found the staff very friendly without trying to overplease us. I highly recommend this hotel over other star hotels in Varanasi. advanu555, Bangalore.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Anu555
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here for 3days on check in first day they welcome with Soft drink then in rooms they sended choclates for 2days daily breakfast was just excellent everyday different items with lots lots varities. But had some problem with hotel first of all AC was not so cool i dont know why even in 10 degree Celius it was not becoming cool but we didnt feel hot so we didnt complain it to hotel but during checkout i mentioned, even there was one problem Electricity was going frequently for 10sec & come back i dont know what was issue when ask they said it has been sorted out wont go again as i had checkout i dont know whether it has been solved or not but anyways room & bathroom was good service was good what else you required in stay.Water was free (Aquafina Bottle of 500ml) any number you required to drink. Oh yeah i forgot to mentioned they need to upgrage their television from CRT to LED.

Room Tip: just go blindly nothing to worry about this hotel all is good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Devenddra
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friend and I stayed here and enjoyed it. The hotel is located next door to a mall and public transportation is readily available. We had a chartered driver, but when the driver left if we wanted to explore on our own, it was easy. Before paying for anything remember to follow the golden rule of travelling in India--ALWAYS negotiate. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was free and good. I LOVE Indian food so I had a field day at the buffet, American options were available but not plentiful. The pool is great, their staff is good as was expected.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamaicanbrownin
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. We are used to stay in guesthouses and more cosy hotels, but this one has all the comfort: big room, swimingpool, huge breakfast buffet etc. and we enjoyed them. There is no free wifi in the rooms, you have pay a lot to get it. The service is quite good, they printed for us tickets and fruit and water are always available free of charge. With booking.com we paid a very reasonable price (50€ per night). The position is good, away form the caos of the center. Don't use their pick up service if you don't want to be overcharged. At the airport you will find taxis for a fixed price of 500 Rs.

• Stayed: August 2012