“Magic”

Ranked #94 of 214 Varanasi B&B and Inns
Civitavecchia, Italy
“Magic”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went to Varanasi where I left my heart...I stayed in Assi guest house...amazing place the owner is a nice man always with the smile on his face...we ha nice talk with his son and he also told me everything about Varanasi the ghat and the labyrinth!!!We laugh a lots!!!!i hope to see them next year!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dasaswamet

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and was left with a very good impression. The room was clean, food nice, and the location was quiet and peaceful. However what impressed me most was the hospitality of the owners.

I had mix up with my outbound train ticket and missed my scheduled departure date after being screwed by a Delhi tour group. I was worried as it was the end of my trip and I had spent nearly all my budget. The owner really took care of me in this situation and managed to get me a new train ticket for following day. He even offered me a free room if I had not enough money to pay for it. His wife and son were also very helpful to me in this situation.

In the end he told me to pay whatever I could afford, and gave me food for the trip. After my problems with the Delhi tour group, this this kindness was truly appriciated. I would certainly recommend a stay in this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The staff at the Assi Guest house were very kind. The accommodation had the option of a Varanasi tour which was enlightening and fitted into our two day schedule with ease. The food at the rooftop restaurant was very fresh and the boy cooking the food was lovely. This guest house is great value for money, and although it may not contain some of the lavish extras of the more expensive hotels, it was perfect for a traveler on a budget.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Assi Guest House, the shower was really hot 24 hours. The beds were a bit too hard, and the staff very noisy overnight, and we were annoyed by the mosquitoes. Apart from these, it was perfect. Staff were friendly, the laundry service was spotless.
There was wifi at the reception (not in the rooms).
There is a rooftop - good view - but there is not really a restaurant, but of course, they bring food from somewhere if you order.
The Assi Ghat area is very nice in Varanasi, less hectic than the center, so we were really pleased with the location.

Room Tip: Higher up is less noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

As the guest house is new, it didn't have many reviews so we were't sure what it would be like. However we needn't have worried - our room was spacious and clean, with 24 hour hot water. For the price we were very impressed and we were even upgraded to an AC room for free. Wifi signal only available in reception but that wasn't an issue for us.

Assi is in a great location to walk along the ghats from Assi Ghat to the old town (approx. 30 min walk). The staff at the guest house were also really helpful; on the first night the manager invited us to join him at a Hindu ceremony at one of the ghats on the river, which was really interesting. We also organised a river tour through Assi. It was more expensive than going to the boatmen directly or through one of the LP recommendations but we were on the river for nearly 2 hours in a boat by ourselves and had a full tour of the city temples afterwards, with Rahul (the manager), for another couple of hours.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just around the corner of Hotel Ganesha is Assi Guest house. It's a new guesthouse so everything is very clean. If you walk to the hotel from the street your don't believe there is a guesthouse over here, but there is, it's Varanasi, so....!

The owner of the guesthouse is a friendly man who really like you te tell you everything about Varanasi. He started as a Riksja driver and worked till he is now the manager of the place. He also do private tours and bring you to the special places in town.

The staff is very friendly and you can ask them anything. They will arrange it. We needed some special medicine... they arranged it for us.

The rooftop on the guesthouse is very hight and you can see the Ganges from there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Found Assi while wondering around the area. We saw the red signs and decided to follow them. Didn't regret it all! Assi is a brandnew place with clean rooms with good beds and very very friendly staff. The cook is great, his food is amazing. The owner is a really nice man who helped us with planning our sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends