Hotel Clarks Varanasi
Hotel Madin(Varanasi)
The Amayaa(Varanasi)
Hotel Gupta Inn(Varanasi)
View Hotel
All reviewscantonment arearooms are comfortablebuffet breakfastair conditioningrestaurant staffcomfortable stayganga aartimaintenancelawnscleanlinessmattressescorridortoiletriesindianmrlaundryguide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in November. The room was very spacious, clean and quiet. The room had a flat screen television, sofa and a dining table. Housekeeping could not have been better or more attentive. The room was made up in a very timely manner. Fresh fruit and cookies were provided every day . The resturant served a breakfast with a wide variety of choices, including made to order omelettes. Next door to the hotel is a shopping mall with western type shops. The hotel itself had some lovely shops selling handcrafts of fine quality. Truly was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A real good place to stay be it the f .o. Staff, room service, restaurant, they are very courteous , prompt and ever willing to serve , rooms are also good overall worth recommending to others amarpali the restaurant is also a good place to eat food is good and the service is exemplart

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at Clarks for one night, we opted for an Executive Room, which turned out to be 2 rooms that had been joined together but with the bed taken out of one of the rooms so it felt like you had a suite. I suspect the standard of decor was the same as other rooms, the place really does need to have an overhaul on that front but it was clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were fine.

The staff were very friendly and quite sweet - I think they could probably do with a bit of training to raise them to the same standards as the The Gateway but they were nice nonethless. The area by the pool was very nice and I loved the bar - great atmosphere! The location by the Mall is also good if you want to do a bit of shopping!

I know there are a lot of negative reviews on here, and if I had the option of giving 'Good' rather than 'Very Good' then I would probably go with that but I think Average isn't really fair given the facilities, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff - but in it's current state of repair it is a bit over priced!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Clarks Hotels do have some reputation,but this hotels desperately needs a make over.We think that since the opening nothing has been done to renovate.On top of that the hotel was completely full with mainly very loud chinese tourists.We have decided not to take dinner and breakfast in the restaurant but outside which has its charm as well.
Not the highlight of our trip to India

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nico g
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Clarks for one night after 3 weeks of backpacking and sleeping bad at budget accomodations. What I needed was a clean, comfortable room to get a good sleep and the Clarks was just perfect to me. To be honest, at first I was a little afraid after reading the bad revieuws, since the room more than trippled my normal budget, but that was wrong. Yes, the hotel might me a little bit dated, but you don't pay first class hotel prices. My room was perfectly clean, had a nice bed (and I had a great sleep), a good bathroom with lots of nice goodies as shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion, comb, toothbrush etc. etc. There was also complimenterie fruit in the room and 2 bottles of water and a coffee and thee making machine, which was very nice to have. I had dinner, breakfast and a piece of pie in the hotel and the food was just great. Yes, it was a bit pricier compared to the rest of Inaia, but not different to other big hotels. Last but not least, the staff was wonderfull. They treated me so nice so a big compliment to all of them. Again, I would really recommend this place and want to tell everyone no to be frightened by a few bad revieuws.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo