This place is only great because of the location. if it was anywhere else it would be a pretty big rip off, india or otherwise. the plus (and it is a huge one) is you can walk out and be on the ghats/river and right in the action of town (yet a quieter area). the detractions are bad air conditioning and tvs, no central AC in lobby other areas, no views from rooms, no real restraunt, not great service, etc. its pricey, and better to contact them direct for a lower rate though they rarely respond. this was our second stay and it was more comfortable in jan than april, same price. we got burnt out on the place and spent our last night out in the cantonmnet area at Gateway for LESS money (but again, too far from river) but with amazing facilities, pool, restaurants, etc....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palace on Ganges is a new, immaculately clean hotel with 22 rooms, each named for -- and said to be decorated in the style of -- a different region of India. Our rooms were good-sized and well appointed (cable TV sets, non-alcholic mini-bar, tables and chairs). The staff is friendly and attentive. Food is vegetarian and well prepared. The big advantage is Palce on Ganges's location. It is at Asi Ghat, And while it's "on the Ganges," a small road and a large where you can get the cab easily from just out of the hotel. Views of the Ganges from the balcony -- and rooms facing the river -- are far less good than those from, among others hotels. Disadvantages: not all rooms face the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Palace on Ganges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace On Ganges Varanasi
- Palace On Ganges Hotel Varanasi