“clean, spacious and friendly”

and 1 more site!
Shivakashi Guest House
Ranked #6 of 222 Varanasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed for two nights only but the owner was very friendly and recommended us local restaurants and activities. The room we stayed in was clean spacious and had a balcony (don't leave door open unless you really appreciate monkeys as company). We paid 500rs /night. For the quality of this place and location it is most definitely worth it. The tropical fish tank in the reception area also amused us for hours :-)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
shivakashiguesthouse, Manager at Shivakashi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thanks for review, I would like to give best service to my guest that they feel like there own home

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with this budget choice in the alleys of Varanasi. Rooms are simple but clean and good. A variety of prices depending on whether you want private or shared bathrooms, or a balcony. The location is very near the ghats - after a couple of twists and turns! You can be in the madness or escape it as your mood requires.

There are probably other places which match this description, but what makes this place special is the owner, Sanjeev. Completely trustworthy and lovely guy. Very helpful, happy to sort out any matter, but never trying to sell you anything. Thanks Sanjeev.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
shivakashiguesthouse, Manager at Shivakashi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

thanks for review I will try to do more better .Thanks

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was in Varanasi between Christmas and New Year's Eve. And when I went to check out if there is an availability for a room in Sivakasi guest house, the place looked clean and good, they said all rooms are booked. I heard from others that they don't take Indians, at first I didn't believe it, later that night I met another tourist who at that time was staying at Sivakasi and couldn't believe that they the guest house was full, according to him there were some available... I couldn't have given this much thought but when i went to Blue Lassi(apparently a good place for a lassi) they wouldn't give wifi password for Indians, a group of kids were furious at this discrimination and had a fight with the owner, then it thought what I heard about Sivakasi might also be true, but I have no way of proving it... If it's true, then, then I don't know what to say here, if it's not true then I am sorry, but want to bring this up and see if others have come across any thing like this....

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shravan M

Thanks for review but this is not true that I don't allow Indians in my guest house if you go on booking.com you can find reviews of Indians. For me very one is same. This is totally wrong which you have written .Thanks

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Shivakashi. The hotel arranged a tuk-tuk pick up and the driver patiently waited for me for 3 hours due to my train delay.
The hotel is located just 3 minutes walk to the Rana Mahal Ghat and very close to pretty much everything you need to see in Varanasi. I had a list of places to visit, and the stuff was kind enough to pointed out where all those places were located.
Rajiv (Raju), the manager of the hotel, was super accommodating and nice, making the experience even better. He offered me a space heater when i complained that the room was a bit cold and also, gave me some good restaurant recommendations.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SvetaNYC

Thanks for review ,as I am trying my best to give my guest best service as much as I can .

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We just recently stayed at Hotel shivakashi and had such a great experience! The overall hotel is extremely clean, location is great - close to some nice restaurants and cafés and of course the ghats, the room was also very clean (one of the cleanest we have had in india) and the water was also hot! The best part of our stay was how accommodating the owner was with all our needs - extra blankets, directions, boat trip and was also keen for a chat and laugh! Highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C

Thanks for review , I will try to do more better as much as I can to help my guest.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I booked this stay in Shiva Kashi based upon the reviews I found on trip advisor. All are accurate and many fail to describe just how fantastic this guest house was. So, Shiva Kashi is highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Brian B

Thanks for review , I will try to give more better service to my guest .

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at Shivakashi.
Sanjev was really helpfull, and the long talks we had with him really changed our trip (litterraly!)
The rooms are big, clean and the staff is good.
Train booking and boat booking where perfect.
Thanks again for everything Sanjev!

Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolas G

Thanks for review, I will try to help more as much as I can this is my duty.