“Friendly shop with nice hosts”

The Bed Silk & Pashmina
Ranked #1 of 54 Shopping in Varanasi
More attraction details
Owner description: welcome to the bed silk & pashmina
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A warm welcome to a very nice shop in Varanasi, Assi ghat. They have lots of things, clothes, beuatiful pashmina and silk. They have scarfs and bedspreads and sheets. Mega and Banti who run the shop are very happy to help, no worries! Banti can help you with any problem, and Mega makes sure you get what you need. I love this shop and the very nice people who runs it, please visit The Bed while in Varanasi!

There are newer reviews for The Bed Silk & Pashmina

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Bed is a small shop near Assi ghat, and here you can found a very gentle and smiling couple, always ready to help you in anyways... and it is pleasant to find in their shop nice scarves, shawls, coloured trousers or for holi, a lot of small things at incredible prices ! Sales before the new season, so next year don't miss them ! Antony is ready to help you as well to go to ATM to withdraw money or as to help you to make a parcel to send abroad. Meet them, don't forget !

Reviewed March 26, 2013

In this nice shop you find nice things for very low prices. The owners are really nice and helpful.
You find scarfs, cloths, bed sets and nice fabrics to make the clothes you wish. If you are visiting Varanasi you have to come in this shop.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Thank you to all who posted regarding this beautiful find in Varanasi. It brought me to this shop where I was greeting by these two amazing people. I felt at home instantly. It was so refreshing to just relax and shop and trust.
Thank you Anthony and Mega. This is a must for me every when i return back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been to Varanasi 3 or 4 times and each time I shopped for shawls. I’ve purchased shawls on every trip we’ve taken and I probably own 100, half of which are from our many visits to India.

The Bed is the most comfortable and pleasant shop I have visited, mostly because of the wonderful proprietors. Banti who also uses the Western name, Anthony Matsaim, and his wife are very warm and welcoming. When I visited the shop, there was absolutely no pressure to purchase anything. Their invitations to chat and chai were sincere; they seemed interested in meeting people and talking with them, whether or not anything was purchased.

When I asked to see inexpensive, but nice, shawls, I was shown a large box of manymany items from which to choose. When I asked for something a little more expensive, again I was allowed to poke around in the shelves to my heart’s content. Other customers were in the shop who were being shown various items, it seems the owners will suit their style to the purchaser’s needs.

Some merchants tell you what you want to hear: you ask for silk and the item in your hand is silk, even if they know and you know that it is viscose or rayon or whatever (because you see it has a label that says so). Not so at the Bed.

I felt that I was given honest answers about the fabric content and the quality of the items I looked at. You might speculate that I was fooled by skilled merchants pulling the wool over a starry-eyed customer, and if I were new to the shopping game in India I would be willing to say maybe; but at the Bed I really sensed that I was dealing with honest merchants selling quality items - and that is something to treasure in Varanasi.

I look forward to returning to Varanasi and to shopping at the Bed.