Mangla Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Varanasi
See available hotels
Guleria Kothi(Varanasi)
Hotel Alka(Varanasi)
Hotel Tridev(Varanasi)
  • Room Service
All reviewsfamily homeattached bathroomrooms are cleanguest housegreat locationguesthousetvghats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a three day stop in Varanassi, arriving quite late at night. The price is reasonable and you certainly get a good service, clean room and a friendly family atmosphere at the house. The house doors are closed at 2230; although they will open up after that if you ring the bell, and you get a padlock for your room, all of which are very good safety precautions and made me feel at ease. There is a good choice of rooms; I went for the smallest with fan at 850 rupee per night. I think I could have bargained lower but I was happy that this was fair for a very nice en-suite. The owner Amrit speaks excellent English and is very helpful in giving some advice on the town, but as (unlike many hotel owners here) he does not run a tourism office, there is no undertone of looking for a sale; it's just good, genuine advice. One of the best aspects of the Mangla guest house, is that it is quiet. It is far enough off the main thoroughfares that you will not hear the constant horns of motorbikes through the night, which are almost synonymous with the main roads and the large Indian towns!

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are more than adequate for a single traveler or couple.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nice owner who is really a host. No problem to save our backs after checkout time. WiFi all the time for free. But many moskitos in the lobby. Rooms are clean and no bugs. No cockroaches :-)

Still India but a nice place to relax in Varanasi

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mettymaster
Reviewed March 7, 2013

When I went to Varanasi India, a great guide Badal took me around. He always treats everybody kindly. Because of him I had a great time in Varanasi. I wanted to take sitar lessens and I told him. He immediately contacted the best teacher , so I was able to take lessens. It was the best experience! I high recommend Badal as a guide.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KENTA1156
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Amit and Badl have made my stay here very welcoming, they have gone out of their way to help me with what I need. I would recommend this guest house to anyone. The rooms are big and clean its good value for money.
It is in a good location walking distance from the river.
The wifi is good , it worked in my room .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spent 2 nights in the guest house. Price reasonable. Room clean and new. Had hot water. The wifi works only in the building, but not in the room. The owner is really nice person and helped to get in the airport early morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends