“Improving your karma and helping the community”

Yoga Education Training Society
Ranked #2 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Varanasi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are non profit organization, Varanasi, India providing free education for helpless and slums kids for better life... as you can see in our blog & sites, We always welcome volunteers for short time or long time work ... We have Yoga Teacher Training Program, and yoga drop classes, Ayurveda, Massage, Hindi language, Astrology, Cooking, Heena, Music vocal , instrumental, classical etc.. at our Yoga Education Training Society at Reasonable class fees...more details write us e.mail. We have accommodation facility also if traveler or volunteer wish to work here they can get room here in Somit Paying Guest House. Please see some reviews in Bed & breakfast forum in TripAdvisor. We welcome everyone. Come and join us feel energy and love. your small time can give pleasure of children faces. thanks. We have children handmade workshop and here you can see if you like you can buy and support. Roof top Bowl of Compassion ( Cafe ) and here you can take the taste of the foods with beautiful view.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Improving your karma and helping the community”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We really enjoyed meeting the children in the Saraswati Education Centre: it was a fun and rewarding experience. The children are so enthusiastic to learn, despite the difficult circumstances some of them live in, and the team at the centre do a great job at fostering their love of learning! Maths in particular was a top topic!

It was our first yoga lesson, so we were not sure what to expect, but it was an interesting experience... if not relaxing... as we were somewhat stretched by some of the yoga positions we were in! We certainly had aching muscles the following day, meaning that the lessons must have done us some good!

Visited January 2013
VaranasiSomit, Owner at Yoga Education Training Society, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Very Important and effective subject you have written “Improving your karma and helping the community” big meaning inside these sentences...yes yes you both are very good in the yoga and it is universal truth you cannot do your best in first attempt.... but you are good.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Yoga experience, volunteer”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I took a Yoga lesson by Somit from 4 in the evening. It was like a private lesson, with only my friend and I in the class. The experience was wonderful. Really relaxed my body and mind. Somit is a great person, very friendly and smart. Speaks fluent English and decent Japanese.
My friend and I also did the volunteer at the children's school for a day. I wish we could have stayed there longer!

Hello Yuki Thank you for your comment ,,, in the beginning of the yoga you was confuse but as i said you after doing yoga you can feel it yourself and both of you felt very happy and these reason you shared your experience with others. i hope in your next trip you will stay longer so that you could work also in our street children free education program.
“Yoga and massage”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The host, Somit is very kind person. And the wage of massage and Yoga are fair.
He also told me the reality of India,and many useful advise for tripping in India.

So I can recommend here!

VaranasiSomit, Owner at Yoga Education Training Society, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thanks for telling me kind glad to hear it, We always take good price so that more people could come here and after that they can send friends/family members or other travelers in our place.
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hindi, henna, yoga... Whatever you like they can organise!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Hindi lessons teach you how to write and read Hindi symbols, moving into speaking later, wish I could have stayed longer to learn more! Yoga lessons combine pranayama, meditation and yoga poses. Henna was excellent, shushmita takes her time unlike many places who rush you and she finishes the job correctly with lemon and oil to set the colour.

2 Thank elong1
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Volunteer, YOGA, Hindi”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I visited this center because I was interesred in its way that foreigner can contribute to help poor children by learning YOGA, Hindi etc. Then I volunteered at there for two weeks, leaning YOGA and Hindi. Every child inthe center was really cheerhul and bright, and had a lot of energy to learn. I tought easy Math and English to them, but sometimes I was frustrated because I couldn't speak Hindi, so I couldn't communicate with them smoothly. However, the feeling that I want to communicate more with them made me eager to learn Hindi and I enjoyed learning it.

Visited January 2013