“astrology,philosophy,culture”
Review of Eden Halt

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varanasi
Eden Halt
Ranked #19 of 224 Varanasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've stayed long term at Eden Halt a few times. It's clean and quiet with a view of the ghats. Most of the rooms have nice shelves for unpacking. But mostly I come back because of Sanjay. Money seems to be the last thing on his mind. He mostly just wants to share knowledge: learn and teach. He's also the only astrologer I've met who freely shares his gift. I've seen him study several peoples charts without ever asking for money. His knowledge of all things India and Varanasi is wonderful. If you have questions about this incredible city he's the one to ask.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank mikesantosh

Reviewed December 27, 2013

To start with there are a couple of minus points. The internet was a little off and on and the bed was a little hard. These are tiny things when you take into consideration how well we were looked after by the owner. Not only did he walk out of the lanes to meet us, rather than letting us get lost as most would, but he gave us excellent advice on when to go on a boat ride, where to get one, and where to find good places to eat. Not once did he consider how he was going to make money from us; he consistently considered how he might make our stay better. The rooms were spacious, clean and simple, and the view over the Ganges was amazing (if a little misty at that time of year). Eden Halt has by far been our favourite place to stay this whole trip and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hayley P
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Once you have found it, there are no Auto Rickshaws going there so you have to walk through some alleys for 5 minutes, it’s a nice guesthouse with 4 rooms right at the Ganges. I liked the sitting area but I didn’t like the trash laying around for several days. Use a broom or buy one, but sweeping once a day should be the minimum.
The owner was great explaining Hinduism.
I enjoyed staying here a lot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after finding this guest house in the lonely planet after a bad experience first arriving in Varanasi finding this place was a massive relief. Very friendly and helpful. Great view over the Ganges. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Thank you for letting us stay

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flowerpower2015
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This small guesthouse is one of the highlights of staying in Varanasi! It's run by a lovely family who are always available to help you in any way you need, and always attending you with a smile! I've had some lovely talks with host Sanjay, and learned a lot about Varanasi's history, spirituality and culture. The rooms are very nice, clean and are a good size for the price they charge, whilst also overlook the Ganges, which is a view that few other guesthouses have! Also has a rooftop where you can fully enjoy the Ganges at any time of the day, which is definitely a big PLUS! Basically, I strongly recommend this guesthouse to anyone wanting to fully experience Varanasi's charm..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Max C
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Although Eden Halt is very basic, the view of the front 2 bedrooms (out of 4) is amazing- 100 metres from the Ganges flowing below. It is in a good location, central to most Ghats, the rooms are small but clean, and the owner Sanjay is incredibly kind and helpful. Only downside is that our room was boiling hot.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view!
Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank olivia j
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had a lovely time in Varanasi while staying at Eden Halt guest house. Sanjay was a wonderful host and was more than happy to answer all of my questions, give me suggestions of places to see and have discussions about the spirituality Varanasi and it's religious history. I even got a palm reading! I had a nice. big room that looked onto the Ganges for 250, what a steal! It is also centrally located right off of the main street, so it's quiet, but easy to get to an from! As a single, female traveler I felt very safe and welcomed to Eden Halt! Will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo