Positiv is the location at the Ganges river and also the roof terrasse.
- Price / Quality ratio is very poor. You pay the place and not the standard of the hotel. There must be cheaper hotels at the Ganges river that offer almost similar service.
- Toilets / bath was very smelly (big issues with canalisation)
- The elderly female receptionist did not give us the impression that we were warmly welcome. Furthermore there were clear miscommunication / misunderstanding re taxi rates etc. Not the support we expected and they saw no need to improve this situation during our stay. competent and not really friendly.
For us a disappointing experience after only positive experiences in India (see our other India feedbacks that we provided). We would not return to this hotel anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suryauday Haveli on Shivala Ghats is a reflection of the spirit of the holy city of Benaras. The Haveli traces its history back to the early 20th century. It was built by the Royal Family of Nepal as a retreat for the aged. Its now been painstakingly put together again to provide the best ghat experience in Benaras. Your stay begins with a 15 minute boat ride upstream along the famous ghats of Benaras to reach the Haveli. The Haveli is also connected by small alleys and streets leading to the Famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple (15 minutes walk). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Suryauday Haveli - An Amritara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.