“Great friendly place to stay”
Review of Anami Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varanasi
Anami Lodge
Ranked #70 of 214 Specialty Lodging in Varanasi
London, United Kingdom
“Great friendly place to stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hi I loved it here I had a single room on the roof last October for 200rpe a night. I did find that I had to keep turning the hot water on at the switch in the cupboard outside my room in order to get a hot shower (another person showed me how). But otherwise they were amazing and I could not have been happier. There was a mixture of long term people studying at the uni and short term visitors like me. Most days I had the rooftop to myself as the other guests did not seem to realise it was there and I chilled reading a book or watching the evening ceremonies. It is a walk to the main town area and the usual people trying to get you to take a ride but I enjoyed the walk up there for dinner and then used a tutut back.

Room Tip: Just check if you go for the roof top that the mesh is in one piece I had to stuff paper in mine to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Annaholmes

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Anami lodge is located on one end of the Ganga River, so if you ever get lost while exploring the ghats, just head back to the river bank, turn right and walk to the last Ghat.

Must get the employee called Manish. He made the stay excellent. Toilets were clean & shiny. Bed sheets, pillow cases & blankets were dust free. He arranged all our transport, and they were punctual.
Manish's contact number: 09389816906

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

You can't beat the location of this place and the friendly service made us feel so welcome. The rooms were clean, the pillows and mattresses a bit hard. We paid 750 rupees for our room and it came with 3 single beds pushed together to make a queen. Manish, who works there arranged an excellent walking guide who also took us around by tuc tuc. If you can ask for Raj, he's a great guide. He kept the sales people away while we walked the ghats. We really fell in love with this place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bluemissmew
Greater Zurich Area
Reviewed January 16, 2011

An absolute good budget option at Assi Ghat in Varanasi. Directly at the ghat, entrance is next to jewellery shop. Rooms are small, but very clean, with attached bathroom and 24h hot water. The family, which runs the Guesthouse is very nice and friendly. You just feel safe and welcome and the price is good, 350 Rupies for the Room, what is cheap for Varanasi.
And it's absolute hassle-free in the hotel. You can have the hassles, if you need, just outside on the street :-)
The only minus was, that there was noise from the sitting room just outside my room till 11pm and from 7am and the matress was a little bit on the harder side. But 8 hours of sleep is just enough, isn't it?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo