“Great little place with decent food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Aum Cafe
Ranked #16 of 234 Restaurants in Varanasi
Cuisines: Indian, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Aum Cafe'...Is a small family run cafe',we take pleasure in providing pure, healthy and very tasty food....We make everything including breads,cakes, cookies,yogurt, granola, soup, pasta sauce and our all of our yummy chutneys..To mention a few....We use real ground coffee and serve organic teas from around the world, as well as several special Ayurveda herbal blends.....Up the stairs and behind the temple on Assi ghat..See you soon ... Hours 7:00am until 3:30pm...Closed Monday...May and June Closed due to summer heat..FREE HUGS (very popular)
London, United Kingdom
“Great little place with decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went because of the tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The food was fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. The decor was interesting and we both enjoyed the experience.

It is a little on the small size and geared towards the backpacker (lots of iphones out etc). Only foreign tourists were present while we were there and while we didn't mind we also didn't want to spend our whole trip in places just full of backpackers and other visitors like us ;) But worth a look in and deserving of a hig tripadvisor status although possibly not number 1 or 2 in the whole city ...

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Healthy, Tasty, Fresh and Clean.. Soooo good!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The food at this place is to die for!! I have a hard time choosing what to get each time I visit. The pictures show u exactly what u get. The food is fresh as and the dining area is so clean.
The staff are efficient and friendly.
A small oasis away from the noisey assi ghat area. The chocolate milk shakes and pita pockets with salad are an awesome choice. A must eat place in Varanasi. Yummmm!!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank shilohmilo
Barcelona
“excellent veggie food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Being not used to veggie food I admit I enjoyed eating here a lot, I repeated the experience, as ambience was as good as food, the cakes are WOW

1 Thank mLao
“Good food in Varanasty!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Excellent coffee and pizza on a small terrace roof. No real scenery or atmosphere... Bit like sitting in a cage but still enjoyed the food.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lincoln, VT
“Oasis of safe food but unpredictable hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed a month in Varanasi and regularly ate at the OM Cafe (this is the same as the Aum Cafe). It is run by an American woman who is very kind and clearly understands how important food safety it. The Lemon Lhassi was just outstanding, and the food was always good and healthy. However, often I went only to find it closed, as it seems the owner decides on a day to day basis when to open. If you are nearby, it is well worth it.

Visited March 2013
ShivaniAum, Manager at Aum Cafe, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am so sorry about the sometimes unpredictable hours...but when you run a Cafe' in a third world.....life is very unpredictable...... we cook only with purified water ....when we have many hours and sometimes days without electricity.......our water purifier being electric won't run....I will not cut my standards and serve food that I myself would not eat......sooooo we close until, we can maintain our standards.....with the whole of my heart......Shivani