“A quiet place in crazy Varanasi!”
Review of Aum Cafe

Aum Cafe
Ranked #15 of 267 Restaurants in Varanasi
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Aum Cafe'...Is a small family run cafe',we take pleasure in providing pure, healthy and very tasty food....We make everything including breads,cakes, cookies,yogurt, granola, soup, pasta sauce and our all of our yummy chutneys..To mention a few....We use real ground coffee and serve organic teas from around the world, as well as several special Ayurveda herbal blends.....Up the stairs and behind the temple on Assi ghat..See you soon ... Hours 7:00am until 3:30pm...Closed Monday...May and June Closed due to summer heat..FREE HUGS (very popular)
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice quiet place behind Assi Ghat. I went a few times for breakfast and each time had the Kitchardee and herbal tea. Super fresh and reasonably priced. My friend had the pancakes and raved about it.

Good wifi, nice place to sit and write postcards, chill out.

1  Thank Brittanymbird

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great atmosphere, lovely bright cafe and very friendly staff. The food was fresh, well cooked and delicious! They also have a large assortment of teas, and the menu makes for interesting reading, as it explains the health properties of various ingredients used, and also goes into the principals of ayurvedic massage / lifestyle.
We each had a delicious bowl of porridge, which kept us going all day and was quite a nice change from rich Indian food. You can taste the love that goes into the food here!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

100% worth the walk to the cafe! Sampled a few things from the menu and each item was extremely delicious! Especially the cinnamon roll! Compared to a few other top-rated cafe's in Varanasi, this was the best. Everything tasted fresh and healthy. Although the variety is not as extensive as other restaurants in the area - what they offer is perfect. Also had the best Latte and Chai here in all of India.

1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is the best cafe we found in India and a lovely little haven from the husstle and cow poo of Varanasi.
The breakfasts and lunches were healthy,reasonably priced and tasted fantastic.
This cafe shows the necessity of having more experienced women running businesses.This cafe is run by a very capable American women.
India needs to utilize the talents of their females better as they are missing out on 50 percent of the talent.
We stayed at the Sahi Riverview Hotel nearby which was also excellent but had ordinary food.
It is in a nice quiet street that has the odd dog,cow and monkey passing by.No elephants or camels in the area!

2  Thank Locknuts
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Aum Café recently caught my attention on here and had me curious about it until recently my Argentine friend gave me the reason to visit there. The first route through the long alley that I took was a rather unpleasant walk for me because I had to go through a really dirty and smelly alley which contrary to the general touristic conception is actually not the lifestyle of every Indian for that matter - sometimes it is a matter of lack of choice. Of course, though, the alley didn't stop me from going to this café that I had read about so much to see my friend. Better would be to go there through the small alley coming through from Assi ghat. Upon, finally, arriving at the café you can take a deeper breath and get comfortable. And it definitely is not a disappointment to be there. For me, even though the unpleasant walk, it was a sweet discovery.

The place has a generally nice atmosphere offering a very interesting menu and serving some very delicious food! They also have Wi-Fi which usually works fine! As from a local's perspective though the value for the food was a bit on the uncomfortable side. Coming from Europe or alike, it's definitely cheap! I've been there twice already in the past 3-4 days and both the times the coffee that I was served was just barely warm. The first time there was a little incident with the staff that was also rather unpleasant, especially for first timers, but not enough to stop me from going there again. At least not until it happens again. The staff could be better trained.

All in all, a very good place to go!