“A haven in Varanasi”

Dining options: Reservations
St. George, Bermuda
“A haven in Varanasi”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ate there twice: a relief to find a restaurant serving European and Indian non-vegetarian food in mainly vegetarian Varanasi. Food was good and service excellent and friendly.Prices are also very reasonable. They also provided boxed meals from the menu if you are travelling. Good atmosphere and very welcoming.

• Visited September 2012

Wiesbaden, Germany
“Nice ambience; Horrible food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Okay so I went there to eat lunch with a couple of friends who were visiting me from Delhi (I'm a local) and this being my first time eating there (I'd been to the place a few times before, but not to eat). Other people I know advised me not to eat there ever. I decided to not judge the place by what others tell me about it because I'd rather give it a try myself.

We ordered 1 Tomato Lasagne, 1 Pasta in Pesto Sauce and 1 portion of Indian Parantha Bread. The Lasagne was a blunder. It tasted nothing like a Lasagne. And whatever it tasted like, it wasn't good either. The Pasta never arrived because the owner thought we'd like the "Pizza" better (and we were given no information of our Pasta being replaced with a Pizza). The Pizza bread was horrible, the taste was "okay"...and funnily had the same sauce as the Lasagne. The Parantha was okay too.

We had also ordered "Chilli Potatoes" for appetizers. By the time all our main course was "served", the appetizer had not even begun with. The only thing that tasted nice was the Fresh Lime Soda...served in a ridiculously tiny glass.

The place is expensive. It's a rip off, to be honest. I ain't going back there ever again to dine. And trust me when I say that I've got the taste buds right in place for most foreign foods, and especially for "Italian".

The ambience is nice though. And, by the way, the entrance "advertises" FREE Wi-Fi. I scanned for a network. There was nothing. I didn't even ask. I have used Wi-Fi there in one of my previous visits though. But if there is a Wi-Fi sign, a person like me would expect it to work.

I'd rate it a flat "Terrible" though because of the overall horrible "food" experience I had there.

• Visited September 2012
Dublin Éire
“Proper pizza”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great menu to choose from and delicious proper thin crust pizza. We wished we went back here for more meals lots of dodgy eats in Varanasi.

Visited September 2012
Jaipur, India
“Friendly Comfortable place with good food.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We got recommended this place by our home stay and immediately liked it the moment we arrived. The staff are extremely friend without being over the top and annoying. The owner came and introduced himself which i thought was nice. The food was nice and not expensive. Atmosphere was good and you have your own private booth. We went there the next evening too. Definitely recommend this place..

• Visited August 2012
Jamshedpur, India
“Lots of potential - horrible food”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Such a charming little restaurant - we really thought the food would be good...
We were never given any menus, just asked whether we like veg or non-veg and that was it! We had fresh lime soda -the worst I've ever had in India and after about an hour's wait for the food (we were actually in a bit of a hurry) we got a very sad-looking thali platter...
We ate some of it, but it just wasn't any good - and definitely not worth waiting so long for.
I also found a long black hair in one of my thali dishes...
Nevertheless, we didn't finish it - SO not worth Rs.500 each!
And then to top it all, both my husband and I were sick from the food - and we are quite used to all forms of Indian food!

Visited April 2012