Hotel Ok International
$53
$37
Official Site
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2011

There are very few hotels that I would never recommend visiting again. This is one of them.

It is dark and dimly lit. It is off a major street, and smells of cigarette smoke throughout. The carpeting is very old, and smelled of mold.

The rooms are falling apart. The bed is stiff, the furniture is old and musty, and the window seals let in mosquitos. The bathroom bordered on disgusting. Clearly, care has not been taken in areas where it counts.

We chose to avoid eating at the restaurant altogether. Breakfast, which was included with the room, bordered on rancid. Chafing dishes don't do much to provide a quality experience.

We will not be going back. And we advise you consider staying elsewhere.

PS: Just try getting directions to a hotel called OK International. Everyone thought we wanted to go to "a hotel, OK?" We were directed to four different hotels before our driver finally found it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey J
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We booked on line thru hotels.com and when arrived said they had no booking. Eventually given "family room" which instead of having 2 doubles had 1. After a long discussion was finally given a single bed with grubby linen. Paint peeling off Walls, fungus growing around bathroom and smelled bad! Constant power cuts! Rude staff who were unhelpful and not friendly. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I had prior booking with confirmation from the Hotel. When I reached Hotel, the person Reception , very reluctantly alloted the room only when shown my booking confirmation on my Blackberry. We had to wait for 30 min for the hotel boy to come and pick-up luggage. When visited the coffee shop for so called complimentary break fast, witnessed the arogant replies to other Hotel guest by the person called Praveen Dubey. I too had similar experience and gave-up and paid for the breakfast.
The quality of the Food is very very bad. After the breakfast, we preferred normal Restuarents for Lunch/Dinner/Tea etc.,
I had to remind atleast 6 times in 45 min to send the boy to pick-up luggage while checking-out. When I tried to settle the Bill, they have no Credit Card swaping machine, then I had to draw cash from ATM and settled. Since I had to rush for Airport (never book Cab thru' this Hotel very very expensive and they cheat you, as I am victim of this), I have not lodged any compliant with any one at the Hotel, but walkedout without paying any tips.

Only advantage is it is close to Lord Viswanath/ Dashaswameth Ghats, Riksha takes Rs.10 one way.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2011

The best thing about this hotel is its convenient location within walking distance of the main ghat in varanasi. If you bargain hard you can get a good price for a room and then the place becomes ok to stay ! Rooms are big, bathrooms are small and dirty. Reception is tricky. Restaurant is good but again watch your bill !

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank senvatenguerre
Reviewed October 22, 2010

When travelling I expect three things from my basic no frills hotel - cleanliness, peace and quiet, good service. None of these were provided at this hotel. The rooms were distgusting, the bedsheets dirty and stained, the corridors, rooms, walls were all dirty. The noise levels were horrendous, there is no swimming pool as advertised and judging by some of the noise they are still building the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple