Rahul Guest House
$12
$10
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Ganpati Guest House(Varanasi)(Great Value!)
$22
$19
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsrooftop restaurantassi ghatthe riverminute walkhot waterboat tourtrain stationrooms are cleanchaiguesthouseindiasunriseautomattress
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Located about 10 mins walk to the Ghats which is a safe and interesting walk. Once on the Ghats you can walk for ages and take in the awesome sites of the ganges. Not over keen on the food in the hotel. Rooms lovely and we had views over the river. Cant fault it for the money. We arranged airport pick up which was worth every penny (approx £8) Boat trips well worth it. Nicely set away from all the madness of Varanassi but all with in easy reach. Wish I was back there already

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cath71_11
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hostel taxi service picked us up from the airport, which I recommend as I'm not sure if we would've found the place otherwise. I think it was approx. $10-15. Our rooms were very comfortable with a huge modern bathroom. We went on both morning and night Ganges tours which were excellent. The hostel is just outside the main area of Ghats but the short stroll is lovely observing and interacting with local families. Friendly staff and great food on the rooftop with perfect views of the Ganges. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I booked my stay the night before at the recommendation of a friend of mine. I was not disappointed. It started well when there were no complaints that I wanted to check in at 7am. My standard room was big enough for two, the bed was wide and everything, including the toilet, was clean. The wifi wasn’t working one evening, but otherwise was good. The guesthouse is located in the very southern end of the ghat system. This means that it’s further away from the airport and railway station, but at the same time it doesn’t have the frenzy and noise level of the old city. The hotel can provide you with the “mandatory” boattours on the Ganges for Rs 200, some Rs 50-100 more than the market price. I chose to do so to avoid the haggling so early in the morning as well as wanting to be picked up rather than walking a lot to just reach the boat. If you opt for the same, make sure the hotel confirms that a boatsman has been booked, as in my case they had not and I had to wait 25-30 min very early in the morning for one to arrive. The restaurant is mediocre and it’s only Veg (except for omelets, which are apparently a grey area in India)
Rahul’s guesthouse I would say is better than your average guesthouse, but then again I think it’s also among the pricier guesthouses (I never checked “the market” so I can’t know for sure), so it is to be expected.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here in 2011. This property is located on the Ganges, with magnificent views. It's very close to the Ghats and the heart of Varanasi. It's clean. The rooms are lovely. The staff are ALL very friendly and beautiful people. I felt safe as a solo traveller. The food was delicious. I just can't fault it!!!

Everything was perfect. I would go back there any day.

Thank you to everyone who made my stay there welcoming and unforgettable.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Comfy beds, and the rooms and bathrooms are very nice for the price, felt like we were staying in a much more expensive hotel. The rooftop terrace is great (I recommend the honey), right by the Ganges and you can see up to the ghats. The walk in to town along the river is about 45 minutes (depending how many photo stops you make) and an amazing walk past all the ghats, and they organise boat trips. We took the night time one which was very pleasant.

Hotel would have been perfectly peaceful but for a young lad loudly selling food outside the hotel at 8am. But I'd imagine the centre of Varanasi would have been much louder and you are in India so moaning about being woken up early is a bit like moaning about it being hot! In fact if you're travelling in India bring ear plugs!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple