“Be treated like a Queen and a Princess”

Nadesar Palace Varanasi
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I visited the Nadesar Palace with my daughter in May 2014. To tell you the truth: I have never stayed in a Hotel like this. It's like out of a fairytale. Now we know what it must have been like to live like a queen and a princess. I would advise anybody visiting Varanasi to stay in this hotel. Its an experience.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Greetings from the city of temples!!

At the outset I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time in sharing your kind feedback. I am pleased to note that we met your expectations and you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. I have shared your appreciation with my team as feedback such as yours motivate us to achieve higher levels of service. We look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us at Varanasi.

There are newer reviews for Nadesar Palace Varanasi

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We celebrated our fifteenth wedding anniversary at historic Taj Nadesar Palace, and were treated like royalty. The palace is so beautiful, the grounds meticulously maintained, and everything so private and serene you never realize you are in bustling Varanasi. Our suite was unbelievable, the finest marble, silk and silver, and the Maharajah's own claw-foot tub! We took long walks through the beautiful gardens and had the place to ourselves. The palace and pool were beautiful, the Jiva spa was an incredible experience, and the entire staff was perfect. Neeraj was most excellent, attending to everything even before we knew we wanted it! Our every wish was granted, and he took care of us like family. Neeraj and Chef Ritesh prepared a surprise seven course feast for our anniversary that was so amazing, served poolside by candlelight, featuring homemade lime sherbet, delicious lamb curry, grilled paneer and awesome kulfi, and so much more. This is the only place to stay in Varanasi if you want a taste of the best that India offers in hospitality, service, and luxury. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at the Nadesar Palace and could not have been more pleased. With only 10 rooms, the attentive staff gets to know you and your needs. The garden surrounding the palace are well kept and there is a rich history boack to the origins as the Maharaja's guesthouse. Ate every meal at the hotel and enjoyed all of them. The pool was great for relaxing. Only downside was our room faced the pool and neighboring Gateway Hotel across the wall. We were there during wedding season and the Gateway hosted an Indian wedding that went on until 5am, loud band and all. Even with this, we would stay at the Nadesar any time in Varanasi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of property away from the pool, restaurant and Gateway Hotel next do...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Reviewed May 12, 2014

As I write this review I'm laying in bed still a guest at this amazing palace hotel. I'm a frequent review of places, hotels, restaurants and things to do, but this review is very dear to my heart.
In advance I'd like to ask your forgiveness for my very lengthy review but I hope it helps you with deciding on staying at the hotel or at least fill you with some kind of soulful satisfaction
India has been a lifelong dream for me. I've been here now in the motherland for about two weeks. It has been an amazing journey thus far and a big blessing. I've planned for over 6 months every single day to put this trip together.
When deciding in accommodations I used trip advisor relentlessly with helping me make this decision.
My first hotel in India was at the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai (you can review my report on this amazing hotel also) and my first introduction to Indian hospitality and more importantly Taj Hotels hospitality Since then I've traveled across Rajasthan and Agra and have visited the many palace properties of the taj hotel as just a mere spectator enjoying their amazing dining experiences as I was staying in a little more modest accommodations. However when planning my trip I decided That when I get to Varanasi, the holiest city in India and the oldest living city in the world , I would like to stay at Nadesar palace because if how beautiful it looked in pictures to the amazing reviews I read here in TA.
2 days ago my friend and I arrived to Varanassi with much anticipation
We arrived at the gates of the property with two taj hotels in it. One the gateway and one the Nadesar palace. We were asked to exit our car , ok I thought. But what happened next blew me away. A horse drawn carriage was waiting for us and took us straight to the doors of the hotel. Of course two chicks from Hawaii are just all giddy at this
Upon exiting iur chariot there were a group of staff members lined up and ready to greet us. THey blew their traditional conch shell just like we do I Hawaii and gave us a beaded lei and a bindi on our heads and the Holy or exist who said chants and prayers and showered us lightly with the healing waters of Mother Ganges as they laid rose petals at our feet. We then sat down and me every staff member who presented us with their cards in case we need help We were offered a refreshing drink and had our picture take. The rest was being taken cared of as they invited us to iur room. Well our room was a gigantic suite.
The Lord Mountbatten suite. The suit which smelled heavenly opened up to a beautiful lunge and then a perfectly sized dining room a large bedroom with canopy king size bed and an enormous bathroom fit for a maharani. What topped it all off was a picture of the two of us at check in already framed and placed on the china cabinet. Amazing.
We were taken to dinner amidst the beautiful gardens in a candle lit pavilion but not before roses were thrown at our feet, fireworks displays announced our arrival and beautiful dancers await their time to perform and sing. The dinner menu pre selected for us according to our taste was immaculate. I on fact every meal we had at this beautiful palace was exemplary
The staff , who. We got to know very well as they were there for anything we may have needed felt like family.
The hotel has only 10 rooms and is such a tranquil setting that for being in such an energetic city like Varanassi we were at complete peace. Something all due to the kindness and loving attitude of the staff
One day my friend got sick and within minutes a doctor was here including the heads if staff and all were worried for her and wanted her to heal quickly so that she could enjoy Varanassi. I mean they really care!,,,
I decided to take in the Jiva spa while my friend rested and what an amazing experience that was. I mean it was so spiritual and so full of positive energy that I started crying like a baby way before I even started, as the manager explained the treatment I was getting full. To which it consisted of steam bath first as scriptures mantras were heard, and a full bathing and cleansing ritual with the water from mother Ganga was poured over me as I soaked in rose petal water.
The entire experience was divine
Besides the opulent yet extremely tranquil settings, the absolutely divine meals we've had and the luxury if iur room, the most important and most amazing thing to experience here at the hotel, is the staff. They are so wonderful and so great and so happy and proud of their jobs but most of all , they are so kind , so thoughtful and just a loving group of professionals

I am not a wealthy person and I'm not used to being treated like royalty and a family member all at the same time. I'm so fortunate that even though I leave for Bodhgaya tomorrow I'll be back for one night again before I head to rishikesh to meet up with my friend
I don't know how to thank this hotel it's gm, manager, chef , room attendants, spa manager and masseuse , bell men ,sadhu , musicians and wait staff and also express my happiness and soul fulfilling experience here except for one way, to write about it the best I can and hope that you would decide to stay at this beautiful property and be forever transformed like I have been. I normally don't write like this and again sorry for the lengthy review but please if you can do your soul a favor and stay here if you can't I hope my little story makes you feel just at home here as I do.

To the wonderful hotel Nadessar Palace and all that make this place great ..... mahalo thank you You are amazing

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I will always remember Nadesar Palace. The welcome that we received was wonderful and we were delighted with our room...one of only 10 in the hotel.
A Maharaj's home, the hotel and grounds are fabulous and we loved the Royal Buggy Ride around the grounds. The restaurant doesn't disappoint, whether for lunch or dinner and private dining can be arranged that is very special.
The hotel staff made us feel very welcome and gave us excellent hospitality. It's difficult to believe that the hotel is only minutes from the hustle and bustle that is Varanasi.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The palace is an ideal choice to stay to experience some level of exclusivity while getting away from the chaos of the city of Varanasi.
With minimal rooms (I think 11), you really do feel like you're in an Oasis. The palace is beautifully presented and although we had the basic standard of rooms, it was excellent. The bathroom had a massive rectangular shower, rainwater shower head and with a sitting area in the shower. For bath lovers, an elegant looking free standing bath.

They even provide adaptors for power plugs which I thought was a nice added extra.

The pool and outside dinning setting is another example of providing the Oasis feel. If you can deal with the heat, one could relax there all day.

There also is a flute player regularly in the communal areas. Another example of trying to create a soothing atmosphere.

The service is excellent plus they provide a traditional / ceremonial style greeting when you arrive. They take a picture of you and when you get to your room, it is there waiting and framed!

Food is good, dinner (reasonably priced in western comparison) and breakfast was nice, though breakfast is from a menu and not like other 5 star hotels with ample choice.

The Spa seemed very good though on the expensive side. The gym only offered a crosstrainer, so pretty useless, but they kindly offered to drive me to the hotel next door which would have been a 2 minute drive at most as it shared the same block of land.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Stunning property, immaculate AND authentic. Extremely friendly staff, amazing attention to detail. Nice to know there are still some places that truly understand the art of hospitality. Perfection.

I'm not generally a hotel person, but Nadesar Palace is truly unforgettable. Thanks to all the staff for their wonderful service and help.

I will remember my stay here for a very, very long time. I hope to come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014