“A wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nadesar Palace Varanasi
Nashville, Tn
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was one of the best hotels at which we've stayed. There are only ten rooms and they are spread out so you have lots of privacy. We had the two rooms on the second floor in the front. We shared a very large partially covered balcony that overlooked the gardens. It is trite but we felt we had stepped back in time and were guests at an opulent country estate. The food is also first rate. There is a dining room indoors but we chose to eat outside on the terrace so we could enjoy the view of the grounds. We will remember our stay here for a long time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nashville1
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this review, April 28, 2014

Greetings from the city of temples!!

We look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us at Varanasi.

Fax: +91 542 2501343

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is another great palace hotel by Taj. This one is very unique with only ten rooms. By all means, try to get a suite and you won't regret it. When we arrived, a band was playing to welcome us. We were served drinks and given a quick walking tour of the property (including the spa area which looked amazing). Then we were upgraded from a palace room to a suite which was gorgeous. There was also a horse carriage on site which gave guests a free tour of the entire property, including the garden - I highly recommend you to take an hour out of your trip to try it.

The most outstanding part of the hotel was the service. The staff took pictures from Day 1 and shared the pictures with us after our departure. The dining experience was wonderful with outside sitting overlooking the pool and live traditional music. The food was great and the chef made the ram grilled fruit in front of us. The front desk staff was very helpful to arrange tour to the ghats and the boat river at a very reasonable price.

Even housekeeping is a point of differentiation. The staff helped clean the room several times a time. When we were back from our tour of the Ganges, a staff has prepared a bubble bath filled with rose petals. More importantly, he always offered to wash our shoes (a necessity after you have been to the Ganges!).

There was a small departure ceremony and a half dozen of people bid us farewell. Overall, the experience was extremely memorial. I would highly recommend people to stay here. I will absolutely go back again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a suite and you won't regret. (And book early!)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank midnight_warrior
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this review, March 19, 2014

Greetings from the city of temples!!

At the outset I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time in sharing your kind feedback. I am pleased to note that we met your expectations and you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. I have shared your appreciation with my team as feedback such as yours motivate us to achieve higher levels of service. We look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us at Varanasi.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

A splendid home turn hotel with just 10 guest rooms. From beginning to end the staff did everything possible to make it a pleasant stay. The room was comfortable and we had a huge balcony at our disposal. The reading room and other guest areas were so beautifully decorated. The hotel allows no one other than the registered guests to dine on premises and dine we did.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and found this hotel just wonderful.
This is a reflection of British colonial days with modernised features for ultimate comfort. This is managed by Taj hotels, and it shows.
Set in 10 acres of beautiful grounds, it is so peaceful amid hectic Varanasi.
The rooms are so comfortable and huge. We stayed in one of the historical suites named after previous guests (we had Lord Mounbatten suite, next door was the Queen Elizabeth suite etc).Our suite had a sitting room, dining room, bedroom with 4 poster bed, and huge bathroom. All were sumptuously and tastefully furnished. Nothing was overlooked, and all was clean and in tip top condition.
Sleep quality was about the best we have had in a hotel anywhere. The bathroom had a huge separate shower, roll top bath, and all the facilities you could ask for.
Staff - from the entry to departure, all staff members were great. Always nearby, not obtrusive, well trained and responsive. Really so polite.
Dining was a treat - we dined by the pool in the evening. The food selection and standard are a cut above the rest.
Wifi - is charged, which I think is a bit of a negative - surely everyone has some form of internet accessible phone/computer/tablet when they travel so why not just build the wifi into the room rate? Charging separately just looks cheap.
This is an expensive place to stay, but with every cent in my opinion. As a great experience, I highly recommend the Nadesar Palace.

Room Tip: Try a historical suite - the Lord Mounbatten suite is great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice place to stay away from the noise and chaos of the old town. Gated and secure. Shares the same entrance with the Taj Gateway Hotel. Nicely appointed suites. Excellent food. Organic garden on the grounds. Spa on site. Lovely staff and service. The only negatives are that we heard horns all night, but we were still able to sleep. And my husband and I got sick here with traveler's GI issues. We were fine for the prior 11 days in India at Oberoi hotels and by our 2nd day here we became ill. I emailed the hotel and asked if they use export quality water for the garden and they indicated that they use "fresh groundwater" to irrigate the organic garden. However, groundwater is still often contaminated for what foreigners can tolerate, especially in this area (Varuna basin, Ganges, etc). Something we ingested here was definitely not 100-percent hygienic. We did not eat raw foods at all, but I believe there was fresh mint in a drink. Also, peppers on the plate, etc. We never ate or drank outside the hotel, and used constant hand wipes and sanitizer while out, etc. Lovely welcome and departure at hotel, but come prepared just in case.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the City of the Temples!

At the outset please acknowledge my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and not been able to come up to your expectations and live up to our own standards.

This is a small note to assure you that we have noted your feedback regarding the quality of water used to irrigate the gardens. For your reassurance the up keep and hygiene of our surroundings and work area is our first priority and we use portable water to clean all our crockery, cutlery and glassware and sanitized it before being used. Even the vegetables are chlorinated and sanitized as per the ISO 22000 guidelines.

It is our constant endeavor to provide the finest of products and service in line with the standards of Taj Group of Hotels. I and my team assure you that all steps have been taken to ensure non-recurrence of such inconvenience in future.

We value your patronage and I am confident that you would provide us another opportunity to be of service to you and experience the gracious hospitality and the legendary service provided by the Nadesar Palace Varanasi.

I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us at Varanasi.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a very special property. It's an experience unto itself. The decor is lovely, with many antiques and artwork, and the grounds are stunning. At check-in we were greeted with live music, refreshments, garlands and then introduced to our personal butler and the chef. Only guests may dine at the Nadesar Palace and the food is of very high quality. I had risotto one night and it was as good as any italian restaurant in New York.

Room Tip: Request a suite on an upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Berenice
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this review, February 27, 2014

Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

With only 10 rooms you have to feel spoiled. We stayed in the Persia room, where the Shah of Iran used to stay. Just luxurious. The service was impeccable. Love walking out of my room to be greeted with flute playing by a musician on the balcony. Very intimate hotel with lovely grounds and excellent staff.

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms and they are all beautiful
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caryn D
Gatewayvaranasi, General Manager at Nadesar Palace Varanasi, responded to this review, December 29, 2013