“good location, good value!...”
Review of Leela Guest House

and 1 more site!
Leela Guest House
Ranked #111 of 209 Varanasi B&B and Inns
Ao Nang, Thailand
“good location, good value!...”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

very helpful staff, beautiful view from the roof, watching varanasi at dawn is wonderful..i viewed a few places..and some were truly very grubby..here was not pristine granted but a lot better than many others and a reasonable price..happy all round for the price!..the staff were very helpful, answered all questions, helped me lug baggage to and from the impossible little side alleys of which varanasi is composed, organised a lift to the train for me, did my washing..they seemed to take care as i was a girl travelling on my own, which was nice!..would stay there again if i was passing by...

Room Tip: choose the view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Poppywings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dharamsala, India
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ok... its been a while since I stayed... 2010 to be exact... but this was a great find. The location could not be better and it was simple and filled the bill. What I can say... from my stay there ... and all the stuff you see online... its always a risk... for me, I can say it worked out perfectly...

I am in India now so I will list now as the date and if I can make it back to Varanasi, then I will make it back to the Leela.

Room Tip: Just be polite and communicate clearly. The details will be taken care of. Be a good guest and visit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank reviewsbyhotelman
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my second time staying at Leela. The rooms are simple but the views, location and service can not be better. The owner Rajesh was very helpful with info, reserving our train tickets, hiring a private car for day trips, changing money, etc...
Mickey who is second in command is always around to help, make tea or cook up a meal. He is nothing but kindness which to me makes Leela extra cozy.
It saddens me to read negative reviews about Leela because I could not imagine a bad experience here.
Sunrise and sunset from the roof can not be matched. Check it out!

• Stayed April 2013
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited this Leela Guest house, Manasarover Ghat, varanasi on March 10 2013. This is located very near to all ghats. This is also located near to VNS andhra brahmin hotel. They have charged us Rs. 700 per day and 12PM checkout. Late checkout is not negotiable. This was a bit inconvenience to us otherwise, it was good. They have free wifi from 10am-8pm and the staff were helpful in carrying our huge luggage to the point where auto-rickshaws are available.
No Television available though, the purpose of visiting was to visit the Kasi Vishwanath temple and do some shopping and visit nearby temples and come back to the hotel by evening and take rest.No kitchen available, Soft drinks available and the owner also displays silk bedsheets which are unique and good quality.

Room Tip: If you dont find any other, you can blindly directly come to this hotel to stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank satishchandra
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at leela for a little over a week.if you are looking for a hotel in the middle price range leela is great.the hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly.they helped me find a good place to cash travellers checks,and helped me navigate getting a train ticket to delhi.there was a problem with my water heater leaking and by the end of the day it was fixed.the hotel is located right on the ghats but not to close to main ghat so the area is not too crowded,but still close enough to be right in the middle of it all.the monkeys in the morning were allways entertaining to watch from my balconey (don't forget to keep your door closed,the monkeys will walk right in).the roof top was what really sold me,you can see up and down the ghats and a great view of sun rise.I know some have said less favorable things about leela but i think some of these things are just the way some people deal with india,unreliable water, power and internet are just the way things are there.i really belive these guys are trying there best serving people from all over the world,which can't be easy.i really enjoyed staying there and i will be going back in a couple years with my wife and son.

Room Tip: they have regular rooms and delux rooms ( i only say a picture of the delux room ) if you want a rea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Morgan B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's unfortunate that other visitors had an unpleasant experience (as their reviews show) but I must say for what it's worth that Leela Guest House is truly worth it in terms of value and friendliness. It has a splendid location away from the crowds of the main ghat giving one the space for relative calmness of the neighborhood. Ganges is staring right at your face, and the rest of the ghats are easily accessible. For a budget traveler, this place should be an excellent deal. Rajesh is truly helpful person--he helped arrange day trips to Bodh Gaya and other places of interest in and around Varanasi. For my take the customer service was functional, effective, and more than what you can get for any hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
gent
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days. It was expensive for what you got, however, but I had not much choice because of Khumb Mela, everything else was full.
For transport reasons, I had to spend one more night in varanasi a couple of days later. To be sure I had a room again near the ghats when I came back, I made a reservation for that date. The manager was very worried I shouldnt come, so he let me pay in front and asked for confirmation one day before arrival. I did so, so everything is ok, I assume. When calling for confirmation, they tried to change the price by 20 percent, while the prices were already high. I kindly refused this, saying I already paid.
When coming to varanasi that day, I got phone call saying I got a room in a different hotel. This hotel was not according to my excpectations, and far away from the old city and the ghats. So not worth the money I paid for a room in Leela. Dissatisfied, I called the Leela hotel manager, but he refused to give me any refund.
Clearly, they dont understand the meaning of a reservation, you are better of if you make no reservation here and look for yourself. Or make a reservation in another hotel :)

Room Tip: bargain for the prices!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank touristBelguim

Travelers are raving about these Varanasi hotels