“A peaceful retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Varanasi
Sahi River View Guesthouse
Ranked #14 of 224 Varanasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We spent five nights here during Diwali and fell in love with the place. A little bit further out a Assi Ghat, it takes you away from the major hubub of Varanasi whilst only being a short walk away at the same time. We stayed in two different rooms as the second bigger one was only available for the last couple of nights and both rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable with good hot showers. Food was great - and plentiful! Staff were friendly and attentive and as everyone mentions - STILL the best and cheapest pancakes we've had in India. A great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in Sahi River guest in October 2012 for 2 nights in an a/c room. The room had its own balcony overlooking the Gagnes and was very clean and excellent value. The bathroom was also fine with reliable hot shower. The food was good and Amy and I can recommend the banana pancakes or the paratha for breakfast.

The staff were all lovely and spoke good English. We also arranged our Gagnes cruises through the staff there and found them to be reliable and reasonably priced.

We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask to see different rooms if possible. The guest house is quite quirky and the rooms and balconies...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Pluses: Clean room initially. Well located. Decent kitchen. Very economical.
Minuses: No wi-fi. I stayed four nights and my room was never cleaned. The trash piled up, towels and sheets were not changed. The water line from the AC unit emptied into a bucket in the room, which I did not know about, and it overflowed. The staff expected me to monitor it and empty it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had a wonderful time at Sahi River View -- the rooms were clean and very reasonably priced, and some of them had wonderful little balconies with views of the Ganges. The people here at wonderful as well, and I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I recommend this place. Assi Ghat is one of the most southern and (if possible) is slightly quieter than most. It is easily accessible by car - you have to walk the last few metres. My room was very large and clean. Slight problem with AC but they had someone fix it. The breakfast was basic but good with toast and chai. Room service food was nice. The staff were helpful with organising a boat for an early morning trip. Free internet. Great view from balconys. Get up early and you'll be treated to wonderful ghat viewing. Around the corner are a few shops - don't miss Open Hands for coffee, cake and some very good handicrafts. I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our stay at Sahi River View was wonderful from start to finish. We were given a very warm welcome, even though we arrived very early and enjoyed watching the sunrise over the Ganges from the balcony. The room was very clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. The food was great and the staff were really friendly and helpful, giving us lots of good advice to make the most out of our stay. Couldn't be a better location either! Thanks guys! Emily.M

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was recommended Sahi River guest house by a friend and fellow traveller I met in Rajasthan in January of 2011. My first trip to Varanassi in March of 2011 was very warm and welcoming by the staff. They were all very helpful and friendly. I returned again in March of 2012 and it was like coming home to family.
The food is very good, its very quiet, and you meet great travellers in the common areas. There are indoor balconies, a dining room and a great rooftop. I love the location which is quiet and friendly. You can easily walk from Assi Ghat, along the ghats, to the main ghat in the center of town, or take a cheap rickshaw. You have many choices of rooms in different price ranges.
I can't wait to return again this winter. Book ahead, as this is a very popular place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends