Hotel Hindustan International (HHI) Varanasi
$12
$10
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Ganpati Guest House(Varanasi)(Great Value!)
$22
$19
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsroom servicethe heart of the cityclean roomshotel is situatedkashi vishwanath templeold cityghatsrickshawmidst
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We visited the restaurant for dinner and to celebrate birthday party. I booked the table for 15 in the morning, but when we reached they do not aware anything. Their staff are not courteous, they do not know the abcd of hotel management. They even lack the basics i.e. How to serve food. The food quality is so so. In my opinion hotel restaurant deserve less than two stars.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kp4434
EMVNS, Manager at Hotel Hindustan International (HHI) Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you for your feedback. I am distressed to know of your recent experience at our hotel. While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced. I would request you to treat this as an isolated incident not a reflection of our normal services.
Looking forward to welcome you back again and show you that your feedback has resulted in immediate corrections.

Warm regards
Anand Pandey
Executive Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The property looks a little 'used' but still not bad, the rooms r a little small in size, but didn't matter to me coz I was here just to spend a night whilst crossing varanasi.
The staff's humble, helpful and cooperative. Not serving u 'by the book'.
The approach from the road is a little cramped and congested, but after taking a tour of the city, cramped suddenly seemed spacious!

The food is hopeless! The buffet breakfast was something TERRIBLE!!!

Having stayed at Ramada and Gateway at varanasi, I'd rank HHI above Gateway. Infact next time I visit varanasi, I think I'd prefer to put up here again.

Varanasi is a nice place to spend a day or two, went boating and I was told there are 365 'ghats' here, each with a story of its own... Nice calm feeling as u sail along the ghats... Heritage properties along the ghats... But I was disheartened at the shabby and messy state of these ghats... Varanasi being such an important tourist destination needs a bit of attention... The river's dirty with garbage floating... Cremation in process and what not! Wonder what the foreign tourist must be taking back in memories!

The streets always seem so crowded... So much traffic... At first I was shocked to see the streets, but then it was fun to roam around amidst the crowd!

The temples here are a place to really really 'play safe'! Too too too commercialized, and if U're 1 bit lenient with the Pandit or his 'agent' U'll feel cheated for sure! There's no limit to what they canask u to offer as charity! So be very very careful else U'll surely repent like I did!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RahulAgarwal1979
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I travelled for three weeks in India and on my last day got poisoned staying at HHI. The rooms are great, but the staff at reception are just down right rude, the bar/restaurant staff are great, but its like the boss is saving money on uniforms as the staff I saw had holes in their shirts and tried to do their best with what they had. The common areas are dirty and the restaurant food was my family's undoing, we all got poisoned and after spending half a day throwing up from a crappy dinner had to catch a plane. Not a fun time at HHI at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nic752013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my family earlier this month. The rooms are clean and tidy but could do with redecorating. The pool is small but okay except for the fact that there is building work going on next door so not usable currently. The breakfast was ok but nothing special although the staff were very helpful and friendly. I wouldn't advise allowing the hotel to call you a TukTuk or taxi - they take a commission making either much more expensive than need be. Walk to the bottom of the ramp and a TukTuk is a third of the price and the driver gets it all! Reasonable location for seeing Varanasi

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel Hindustan International in Varanasi is a good choice. The hotel is quite luxurious, the rooms are spacious, clean and nicely designed. The breakfast buffet was good, combining Indian and international breakfast styles. The restaurant offers good food but is a little pricey. Nice pool area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends