“Brand Overhyped”

Ranked #2 of 1,268 Restaurants in Lucknow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What they serve at the top of Sahara Mall is a disgrace to their brand name. What they served from their outlet at Aminanbad (I packed 4 pcs romali rotis, 2 plate mutton biryanis, 4 plate mutton kebabs for my wife and her friend at a total cost of Rs 476/-; I myself do not like mutton whereas they are foodies for Kebabs etc) was also reportedly dismal. And when I got down from the rickshaw,ordered the food and waiting for the delivery, suddenly, an old Muslim lady appeared near me and pleaded "I am hungry, please feed me one roti". When I got the change, I ordered one plate Kebab and roti for the lady. Immediately another younger lady sprang up from somewhere and pleaded "I am also hungry, please give me one roti". So I returned my balance change to Tundays and requested them to feed this lady also with a roti and a plate of Kebab. Next moment, an old Muslim man was visible near my rickshaw with hungry eyes.."Sir, I am also hungry for the last few days..."; Panicked I jumped on the rickshaw with my packing and asked the rickshaw to speed away towards Nasirabad market. Once out of the area, my rickshaw puller (visibly embarassed and annoyed) started telling me..."Sir, you know, here...." I interrupted him and requested...."I know, you need not tell me."

On one side, Kebabs and Biriyani; on other side endless hunger, is this the irony of developing India?? Is this the irony of the area where the "Brand Tunde" belongs to? Or is this all farce, all false, all pretensions of poverty just to loot gullible, innocent, sensitive tourists/outsiders??
Beware of the location. And do take prior information about the latest law and order situations before you visit the places in old Lucknow (though problems, if any, are largely internal and not concerning tourists/outsiders at all; still better to be cautious).
This was my experience on 25th January 2013 evening well before sunset at Aminabad.

3  Thank KINGSHUK S
There are newer reviews for Tunday Kebabi

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

iam surprised to find this restaurant having no. 1 rating. In my view this place with its poor hygene levels, tasteless and dirty preaprations and unhealthy to the core should be the last on the list. I has the misfortune of taking my friend from Delhi to this place and rue my decision till date. I vow never to visit them again in my life. This place is all hype/show and no go. The food served was tasteless and a shame on the much hyped name.

4  Thank SanjeevM68
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Tried famous dishes of Lucknow like Tunde kebab, mutton biryani, tandoori chicken, mughlai paratha and raita. Best one is none other than the famous Tunde kebab. Must try with parathas. However, biryani is very oily. Try to avoid that and have it in dastarkwan restaurant in lalbagh. Ambience is not very good because of uncleanliness and amidst of very congested location. If you enjoy walk through market of aminabad then it's fine. Overall, good experience as I went to try the kebabs!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Must visit food joint Tundey Kabab, very famous food joint serves Avadhi Cuisine.These people serves just 5-6 items and only non veg items.The location is very shabby but still I recommend please do not miss this joint it serves” Gilawati Kabab” for which they are famous and im sure you would have never ever tasted such Kabab. Remember this joint serves both Beef & Mutton ( Goat Meat) hence if you are concerned about not eating Beef please ensure u specify before ordering.
Beef is locally called as Bade while Gat Meat is called as Chote. Enjoy Kabab of chote

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Getting to Tunday through winding alleys was a great experience, with the old buildings lining the roads. The decor of Tunday is simple and enough to put anyone off. However, the staff was helpful and the food was actually one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten. Try the Jeera rice infused with saffron!

2  Thank immiller