“well known hotel in the location”
Review of Mohan Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mohan Hotel
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Lucknow
Reviewed January 19, 2013

good services and cleanliness in the room. services is quite good and food is delicious.... one can stay during their visit to lucknow. Staffs were cooperative and well behaved. in short hotel is good to visit for family couple as well as for business purposes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MohanHotel, Manager at Mohan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2016

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I visited the hotel on a business trip .. it is a not a good hotel .. its normal or standard rooms does not have a LCD .. only the executive room has in which i stayed .. the person sitting at the reception was very rude and also not able to keep his words for discounts and other things ..
they were charging Service change on Full Food bill amount .. but as per the Govt... rules it should be charged on VAT only .. still i had a very rude experience with the reception staff . waiters are good .. room service was slow... hotel is good only if you want to stay near railways station ....

Room Tip: ONLY executive room are good rooms..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. We have rectified our quality and services. We look forward to provide you a comfortable stay in future. Thank you for your feed back.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is good. The best part is it is very near to railway station and you can just walk to station in just 5 minutes. Hotel has a good restaurant, and a nice area for the guest who come to visit. Hs food and drinks in hotel which is purely pay per use and its a good thing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the feedback sir. We are looking forward to serve you again. :)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

It was good just because it is close to station. The best part was that they talk to you nicely, and the worst part- even in dining area hotel employee eat PAAN SUPARI and gutka. Rooms are ok, but atmosphere dirty.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RajeshRao

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed just for one night in this hotel just on yesterday !! I would recommend everyone in this world not to choose this pathetic hotel to stay in. It's simply horrible ....... AC doesn't work, they don't have back up to run AC during the power cut ....... I had to spray my deo immediately after getting into the room, it stinks !! I must say whoever will go back to this hotel after staying once have a real problem with their taste of life !!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Sauravmtr

Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel is gud to stay for alone person not with Family, since lot of noise comes from outside.
Gud thing that Staff are gud and very near to Railway Station.....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Mahesh M

Thanks for the feedback. Inconvenience regretted. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Okay, any complaints I have had about previous hotel stays I hereby renounce! All hotels we stayed in India prior to this one are awesome; paragons of Indian hospitality and cleanliness. I must note, dear reader, before going further that this hotel has a decent staff, and our horrible stay had nothing to do with them (except for housekeeping, of course and the guy at the front desk which I will get to in a moment) We were taken to this hotel by our host family at the last minute due to a problem with our reservations at a different hotel. We were misled upon our arrival by a very cute, modern, clean lobby. Once we got up to the room however we were completely horrified. The room was dank, musty, dingy, it smelled like a damp towel that had been left in a gym bag in a hot car for three weeks.The bed clothes were all stained and I spent a good five minutes inspecting them for bed bugs. While I didn't find any (a small mercy) I was able to note just how stained and gray the bedclothes were. Getting under the covers for a much needed sleep was an act of bravery. It felt damp under there and my boyfriend upon inspection of his own bed found a.... noodle! under the covers. The bathroom was just as dirty, the once white towels were gray and stained, though I think they may have been laundered, perhaps in river water.The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned for some time, The floor was black and gritty with dirt and shoeprints, not ours. We had run out of water so I opened the mini bar and the shelves were all coated with black mold. Meanwhile, my boyfriend is suffering from severe stomach cramping and is asking for a doctor! I go to the front desk and ask the man at reception for a doctor. He gestures toward the street and says, "He is down the street you can go there." I was like, where? I looked out the front window down the narrow Indian street where cows, cars, bikes, motorcycles, goats and pedestrians are all traveling in competing directions, crumbling but busy storefronts mostly marked with signs in Hindi, everthing is chaos to my western eyes and I have no idea where he was telling me to go. I see no doctor. I asked him to call the doctor, to see if someone can be sent to help us. He looks at his phone for like, a good 10 seconds, and then says, "no I cannot call him, you go! he's over there." still gesturing vaguely towards the street. I told him, "no, I cannot go alone, I won't be able to find it by myself." Finally he gets a doorman to escort me to the doctor. I'm taken across the street on a 10 minute walk across two very crazy life and limb threatening intersections to the doctor's office. Victory!!! I got the medicine and a dr.'s assistant to come back to the hotel with me, he administered two injections to my sick boyfriend one in the tush, one in the arm. He was fully recovered by evening. Thank you to Dr. Gulati of Lucknow and his staff. If you still wind up staying here despite these dire warnings here are a few more things to know, wifi is free in the lobby but you need your own device, breakfast is included, the breakfast room is dark and a dingy though I had no problem with the food which was passable. Please don't stay here if you can avoid it.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ftgrnegrl

This is regarding your feedback on 26 Dec, 2011. Firstly, apologies for the delay in replying to you. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you in your last visit. The staff members you mentioned should have been cooperative and polite. We deeply regret the misbehaviour. We have rectified our quality and services. We look forward to provide you a comfortable stay in future. Thank you for your feed back.