“Excellent hotel- setting benchmarks for other big names to follow”
Review of Deep Avadh

Deep Avadh
Ranked #61 of 82 Hotels in Lucknow
Ajmer, India
“Excellent hotel- setting benchmarks for other big names to follow”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

When I checked into Deep Avadh I was in for a big surprise. Right from the time I stepped in till I checked out one thing that struck me was that such medium sized hotels also can be a trend setter for others to follow. In a land where names sell more than quality one will be pleasantly surprised by the way things are conducted in this hotel. The rooms are average but sufficient, wash rooms are a beauty with ample space and absolutely spic and span. Even before we could unload our luggage a person form the housekeeping checked to room for all accessories. The house keeping too was much better than many more expensive hotels. During our 2 day stay we left our car parked in front but had no issues. Due to its strategic location one can reach to nearby Aminabad markets by rickshaw for a paltry Rs. 20/-. The famous Tundey Kababi and many other famous food outlets are close by. The room had a heat convector which was a savior in the cold, however the device was slightly noisy. Fortunately the noise emitted by the blower proved to be a savior as it gave us a good nights sleep on 31st Dec. night when the New Year Party was going on the ground floor. Since we had booked through Agoda and did not utilize the restaurant can't say much about regular pricing. 3-4 days after our departure from Lucknow we received a call from the hotel for our feedback. This is the kind of professionalism that is expected of all but very few achieve. No wonder it has a very high occupancy rate. Whenever I travel to Lucknow, Deep Awadh is going to be my only choice. Congratulations to the team running it.

Room Tip: Prefer a room on the back side as there is no street noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rajesh-Vizag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My mistake I stayed in this hotel..the room given to me was on the ground floor and was very poorly maintained.It was too expensive for the room they offered me.Only positive- Food was good. Location was also not good especially in night time.

2 Thank Poorajan

Travelers are raving about these Lucknow hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very poorly maintained. AC Economy room offered to us was located near the staircase landing, and was extremely shabby, with layers of dust everywhere. We paid to upgrade to the next higher category for which a receipt was denied to us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Rajiv B
BAREILLY
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It’s a good family hotel at a good price. food was excellent, room service & staff was good. moreover , the hotel is centrally located to all major places . Ambience of the internal decoration of the hotel is also good.Recommended for a family stay. As of now a always stay place for next trip to Lucknow.

Honefoss, Norway
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our arrival seemed quite unexpected although we had phoned late arrival two days earlier. I will not recommend this hotel for European tourist who wants a certain standard. Dirty linnen and towels. The room was not cleaned during our stay ( 2 nights). Minimumlevel for food and service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Trude S
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I checked in Hotel Deep Awadh late by 11 30 pm and had an early morning flight the next day by 7 am. So I was there only for about 6 hours yet I had a very bad experience in the hotel.

First the lift didn't work and I had to climb 3 floors carrying my bag. Second my room was at the corner and the next few rooms were occupied by a group of college guys who kept shouting, played loud music and were smoking with their doors open.The whole corridor was filed with the smell of nicotine.

Third and the most worst part was that my room was not yet cleaned after the previous checkout. I immediately called the reception and asked for a room change which was instantly refused. They then said someone will come and clean the room which never happened. The bed sheets weren't clean and I couldn't use the wash basin as some one had choked it with paan. I couldnt sleep in the unclean bed so I had to lie down on the sofa and had a very uncomfortable sleep.

The location is the only advantage of this hotel. Its close to the railway station and being in the centre of the city, finding this hotel wasnt that difficult.( all taxi drivers knew this hotel)

The bad experience with such hotels have made me understand the importance of writing reviews and sharing experiences. So here is my advice - Avoid this hotel if you have other options.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GopinathGanesan
JGirdhar, General Manager at Deep Avadh, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your valuable time to review our service

We are heartily apologized for the inconvenience you had during stay at Deep Avadh.

I discussed the same with my team and they are also promised not to repeat the same in future.

You may call me at 09598074246 directly for any kind of assistance.

Regards
Joney Girdhar
Guwahati, India
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was a great pleasure to have this hotel for our stay. It was very near to market as well as nice location. Staff and others were excellent. great service. I personally recommend this hotel for stay

Dear Sir,

We thank you for staying with us while at Lucknow and for valuable time to review our services.

We wish you to see you again at Deep Avadh while being at Lucknow.

Fir any assistance you may contact me at 09598074246 or mail at girdhar@thedeepavadh.com

Regards