“Reasonabily Good Hotel”

Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Lucknow
Jaipur, India
“Reasonabily Good Hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a reasonabily good hotel in lucknow being near to airport fetches some advantages of staying here. Rooms are just adequate in size,of course sizes of beds are not so comfortable to tall persons may the hotel management look in to this aspect. Food is good and one can enjoy the hospitality of hotel staff at any time. Ambience is good,service is ok.It is advisabie to use rear entrance to hotel while coming from city as there is big traffic chaos on the front entrance side.

Room Tip: Rooms on south and north side are comparatively better for stay to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dkgautam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mumbai Indian
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As we could not get accomadation in TAj, we stayed here. Big advantage is closeness to airport and also easy access to the Bye pass road.
The hotel has got two enternaces...some times the back enternace helps in avoiding long travel to take a U turn to reach the main enterance.
the rooms are good. Food spread in Break fast / lunch is limited but more than adequate.
They help in getting early break fast, late lunch..very accomadative.
Over all a pleasant experience

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank plpalani
Thane, India
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well placed near to lucknow airport.It is value for money. It has good ambience, rooms clean. Service is fair. It also offers wifi too which is not of good connectivity and speed. I like this hotel and would recommend this hotel only if other hotels are not available. Not very courteous staff.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Anand1377

Travelers are raving about these Lucknow hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have never been disappointed at a hotel like this ever before. For the readers who have being reading my other reviews know that my reviews have always been partial and I always find something good about a hotel no matter how bad it is but for this I would like to explain in brief.
First of all this hotel is big liar on their website they have clearly mentioned that they are only 7 kms from heart of the town - Hazratganj( http://www.piccadilylucknow.co.in/travel_guide.html ) which clearly is not the case, it is no less than 13-14kms from Hazratganj (Even Google map shows it’s about 10kms) I was in Lucknow to attend a family function and every day I had to travel about 19kms every day in that hideous traffic just because I didn’t bother to check the distance on Google map and blindly trusted the hotels website.
second incident on the second day of my stay at this so called customer centric "5 Star Hotel" I was sleeping in my room butt naked with my girlfriend, I hear the calling bell ring and by the time I could reach the door I see a hotel staff has walked straight into the room only to ask if I need any rooms service with that cunning smile on his face. The only thing that came to my mind was to brake this nose right off his face but I kept my manners and politely asked to leave.
Trust me this is not it, it only gets worse from here. Last and final day of my stay,... what could possibly go wrong ......My flight was departing at 10:30 in the morning but before that due to some emergency I had to meet someone I left around 7:30am but before leaving i asked the person at the reception to keep the bill ready as I knew that it will take time and I would have to rush to the airport as soon as I come back (By the way airport is only 3kms from the hotel) the operator said it will not be necessary as it will hardly take 2 mins to generate the bill however I insisted him to do it anyways to be on the safer side. I came back around 9 am rushed to my room grabbed my bag and came downstairs only to find that he has not generated the bill I had to wait for another 15mins and then I handed over a bill for over 18,000/- (by the way the booking was done via travel guru for around 4500/- per night which was paid in full), when inspecting the bill I found that they have actually added the room charges accidently as the invoice clearly stated 4500.00 thrice as room charges when I questioned about it I was told that it was the charges of my mini bar consumption when I explained that there mini bar only had 1 can of beer in it and even if you charged 500rs each I would have to drink 36 cans to justify that bill, that’s when they realised that this might be an error at their end after long argument now i was given another invoice for 4500.00rs which now had only one transaction again stating "Room Charges" I was about to lose my temper when a lady took over and gave me my correct bill for about 4800.00 for all taxi service and breakfast that i took. All this costed me another 30mins of my precious time after all this [--] (Pardon my language) when I reached at the airport they closed the counter and i missed my flight and i had take a train come back to Delhi. You may be thinking this was the end to my misery. Here is the climax, half way through my 6hr train to Delhi I realised that while sleeping i kept my ancestral gold chain which i was wearing worth over 1.5laks on the bed and forgot to take it due to that chaos in the morning. i kept trying to call the hotel but due to bad reception i couldn’t get through once i was in Delhi i called them only to be informed that my room was checked and they couldn’t find it (Dear readers i wouldn’t have raised such serious allegation unless i was dead sure of where i left it) i am not saying that the hotel staff stole it but its either the staff or the next guest who took it. Frustrated and agonised i decided not to argue anymore wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone. Sorry i forgot to mention worst food ever.

PS: Lucknow is a beautiful place with woulderful people will surly visit again just won’t stay at this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jacob333
Pune, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was in Piccadily for a couple of nights and my stay was very pleasant. The location being close to the airport and my area of work was to my advantage. However, if someone is staying longer duration and has work in the city then commute times can be a hassle. The best part about the hotel is its rooms. They are big and spacious. They are well appointed and have all the usual amenities. The food is decent. One thing I would wish to improve is the attitude of the staff. They need to be more efficient in their room management and treat customers with more courtesy instead of attitude.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vishalpipraiya
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We usually stay in a company guesthouse in Lucknow but got this hotel last month. We were pleasantly surprised. Hotel was clean and pretty quiet by local standards. Food was above average and the breakfast was great. Rooms were nicely set up. A recommend....

Room Tip: Ask for backside rooms if you are noise sensitive.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai
Reviewed February 13, 2013

i happened to walk into this hotel at 10 pm in the night. the internet showed 5500 as room tariff and the hotel showed me a card which was 8K, i asked them discount and they offered me 30% on phone, while when i actually reached they mentioned only 20%. when i mentioned internet being cheaper, they told me to do it from the net.
so the most simple thing for me was to sit in the restaurant while having dinner and tried to book on the net. the hotel website mentioned it as sold out. so i booked through cleartrip and got it in 4.5K all inclusive.
Location: the hotel is not close to the city, however close to the airport and good connectivity as it is on main lucknow - kanpur road. i travelled in the morning till the sadar region and it took me totally 45 minutes to go and come.
Room: the rooms are large and spacious. fairly clean. interiors are very nice.
Bed: bed was comfortable - air con was good.
Restaurants: there were 2 restaurants - a coffee shop and punjab which serves north indian cuisine. the alacarte in punjab was expensive with lucknow standards, but the food was nice.
didnt try the breakfast as it was not included and i preffered to travel out and eat the local stuff. didnt have the opportunity to check on the gym etc. the reception service was average or low. the restaruant service was excellent

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Pradeep H