All reviews bus stand room service was fast value for money visited this hotel in house ola rickshaw ac city
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2018

The rooms are spotless, looks and functions as shown in photos. Room service was fast and delicious. The staff booked Ola taxi and made sure I reached where I wanted to go. Up until I found Hotel Shelter. Hotel Shelter changed my view of and experience in Lucknow. It's the best thing about this city next to the amazing architecture. I highly recommend this hotel.

The rooms are of decent size with very comfortable beds, ac. It has in-house kitchen which serves you even at midnight. They are but slow, that you need to keep in mind.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

The best in Lucknow
I was personally rejected by 3 different hotels in Lucknow solely because I am not an Indian national. I began to think of Lucknow as Sucknow until I came to Hotel Shelter. The staff was welcoming, helpful, kind and extremely professional. They booked my Ola taxi and made sure I reached where I needed to go. Room service was fast and delicious. Breakfast buffet was also delicious. Best thing for me was having an English newspaper delivered to my room automatically first thing in the morning in time for breakfast. The room is spotless and well furnished. The AC is cold while the water is hot. No power cuts. TV has all the English channels that I want. This has been my best hotel stay in India; better than Taj groups, Marriott, Radisson or Hilton. My train is now 2 hours delayed and the staff extended my stay for free so I don't have to wait at train station in the heat and humidity. Oh, the location cannot be beat. Close to main train station, bus stand and there are a billion shared and private rickshaw of all kinds that will take you everywhere for paisas. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Because of my stay here, Sucknow has become Lucknow. My deep gratitude to Hotel Shelter.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank anithle
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is at a very good location on the kanpur road near old bus stand. The hotel is also having a good outsude look. The interior is also good but not too much.. the rooms are just ok type. The hotel is a budget hitel so don't ecpect anthing luxury. Any how for a good location anyone can stay to get the convenience to anywhere..

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel with my family and I must say that you should avoid this hotel because of few main reasons, first this the location this hotel is located near to Lucknow Railway station which is full of traffic. The amenities is also not good. Broken mug in the bathroom, not very clean towel, windows are not properly locked, room size is considerably small, no special room for honeymoon couples, limited amount of Hot water which is a very crucial factor in Winter season.
At the end I would say avoid this hotel if you can because according to my experience this is not value for money.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Stayed there during my official business trip. Followings are my overall experience according to different parameters -

1. Stay was comfortable
2. Room was clean
3. Food was tasty ( Opted for buffet breakfast there) - Though with limited varities
4. Location ( centrally located)
5. Price paid : 2150/- ( inclusive of tax + breakfast)
6. Responsive staffs

Cons:
1. Rooms are dimly lit
2. Even in the hotel also there are limited lighting in the passages, corridors, stairs

Value for Money !!!

Room tip: Prefer rooms on top floors and opposite of balcony
Date of stay: November 2016