“Average Stay Experience”

Golden Tulip Lucknow
Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Lucknow
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed in the hotel on 26th Oct with wife and kid.The Stay was average.The positives are,1.Good Location,2.The property look nice from outside specially the new wing,3.Well decorated lobby in the new wing,4.Buffet Breakfast menu was quite ok,5.Reception and restaurant staffs were courteous.6.The Std room which we got were quite spacious.The negatives are, 1.We got a fowl smell when we entered the lobby area of the old wing(seems like some seepage smell of toilet water),2.The old wing requires a immediate make over in the elevator waiting area,3.Although the new wing is ready but I heard from one of my friend in Lucknow that the new wing rooms are only allotted to foreigners if is true then it is not at all acceptable.Suggestions for the management,you have got a good property do not let it down.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the main road,because the rooms at the back have windows which opens up to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GoldenTulipLucknow, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Lucknow, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

We thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Lucknow.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are happy that you along with your family enjoyed and appreciated the standards of service and quality that we strive to provide our esteemed guests.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience due to foul smell. However I would like to inform you that we have different categories of rooms spread over two wings - old wing has Superior and Deluxe rooms and the new wing has Club rooms. Anyone who books for the club rooms are assigned the new wing irrespective of there nationality. It is not required to be a foreigner o stay in the new wing, it is only required to book the club room to stay in the new wing.

Please do let me know in case you would like anything else to help us make your stay with us an unforgettable experience the next time you visit us at the phone number and email address given below.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Happened to stay for a night in October during the Royal Enfield 'Tour of Tibet' - the place is around 12km from the airport but due to its location (traffic / congestion), it takes a good 35-45mins to reach here. The area also means that if you want to go out anywhere in the evening, be ready to brace traffic at its worst!

Right from the entry, you know its a budget 5-star property - small lobby, small lift, small alleys on each floor. The room size thankfully was decent but the washroom was again average - no bath tub, but a shower.

We had Chicken Club S/W in the room and but the portion and quality was nice. Appreciated.

Had buffet breakfast but it was delayed by 15-20 mins inspite of being told a time the night before itself. Buffet breakfast was average and there were not enuf waiters to handle our group. A simple cup of coffee took 10mins to come.

On the whole, good for the price but lacks a few essentials

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BunnyPunia

We thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Lucknow.

Your feedback regarding the F&B services has been taken very seriously with the concerned and I promise you to feel the difference on your next visit.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I needed a bed to sleep in for a night and my business associate booked this room for me. Luckily for me the stay was quite short (less than 12 hours) else this hotel is a horror. Location itself is not bad, its just a couple of KMS from the Lucknow railway station and right on the main street. Check in took forever since there was only one person at the reception who juggled as the receptionist. Room layout is pretty complicated. Most hotels prefer a straight line, not this one. The flush of my room had broken down (yes, they did fix it promptly). Air con takes forever to cool / heat. I woke up in the middle of the night since the temp had risen dramatically. And then it cooled down too much. Guess the thermostat is not working. Breakfast spread is the standard stuff. I would not stay here (especially not at the rack rate of INR 8,000 ++). They gave me a discount but still I did not see value.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tejash_M

Dear Sir,

Greetings From Hotel Golden Tulip, Lucknow !!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience faced at our hotel.

Thanks for the feedback. we would like to assure you that we have already acted on the feedback and the rectifications has been done.

We would request you to see this as an isolated incident and stay with us on your next visit to Lucknow. I will personally ensure you a have wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had stayed in golden tulip for two nights during end november. It was not at all good experience. I thought the hotel would be knowing hospitality but must tell you they do not know even h of hospitality. Following are the just few reason
People at reception was completely unprofessional and did not have proper training. No discipline.
Room was badly maintained. No standard at all. Rooms are different from what is shown in internet.
A very dirty look of the slum just right behind the room.
Bed was not properly adjusted therefore was moving down every now and than. Had to fix after every one hour.
Fridge was not cleaned for many days.
Room was in different building which was not informed during booking. Low in class though you pay hefty amount for it.
Restaurant was another disaster and awful. You have to pay from nose for the worst food. No verity at all. Poor quality, horrible staffs.
Had ordered for food at room, they said 20 minutes, but had taken more than hour without keeping informed for delay.
Seems like air conditioner badly need repair.
Overall it was a big disappointment. My recommendation, prefer this hotel only if your run out of choice.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good and fit to stay for the money charged.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashish S
GoldenTulipLucknow, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Lucknow, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings From Hotel Golden Tulip, Lucknow !!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience faced at our hotel.

The Hotel is spread over two wings Superior and Deluxe rooms are in the OLD wings and the Club rooms are in the new rooms. As per your booking we have offered you room in the OLD wing.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

When stopping in Lucknow for a few days we didn't have a lot of options for accomodation but at the end of my stay at the Golden Tulip I felt this was a good choice. This is a basic modern hotel. It is clean and simple. The staff were generally friendly and helpful, we had an excellent taxi driver. My only complaint is that the restaurant staff were too attentive - I don't need to be watched when eating and I prefer to serve myself at a buffet rather than be served at my table. But these are only very minor complaints overall I was very happy with my stay here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine I
GoldenTulipLucknow, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Lucknow, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Mam,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The place is very good for short stays and for those who love shopping since the place is centrally located. Room service is not very good and you have to remind them for the service. Amount of food in dish is on smaller side.Breakfast spread is good. Accomodating staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SanjayRajvanshi

We thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Lucknow.

Your feedback on the room service has been taken up very seriously with the concerned and I am sure you will find the difference in your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The place is very good for short stays and for those who love shopping since the place is centrally located. Rooms from 311 (in the new building) onwards are best to stay. Room service is not very good and you have to remind them for the service.

Room Tip: 311 onwards are very good rooms with all modern ameneties.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Lucknow.

Your feedback on the room service has been taken up seriously with the concerned, and I am sure you will notice the difference in your next visit.