“Top-notch service..Pretentious food and place!”
Review of Esphahan

Esphahan
Ranked #18 of 310 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The restaurant has good ambience with live music. That night had a Santoor music player..and i am sad to say, it was the ONLY highlight of our evening. . Food was disappointing. Menu has very few All-Veg options. The quantity served is really poor for such an expensive setting. The quality served is average at best, taste of the food nothing extraordinary and usual Punjabi-type food we eat any and everywhere. The service here is the usual Oberoi experience-Top notch. So cannot complain about that.. but shall not remember your highlight restaurant about the thing we actually should have- FOOD!

P.S. To spend approx 400 bucks for Mineral water hurt.Why can't you atleast serve regular drinking water on the house?! :-(

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We enjoyed the vegetarian thalis. The food was delicately seasoned and delicious. Service was warm but not intrusive, and the setting was gorgeous. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

both me and my wife had Thali which is a sample of several dishes on one tray
the food was very good and tasty, although sometime too spicy, however the kitchen will adjust it if you ask for it.
service was great

Reviewed April 6, 2014

All food was clearly served from a box and is the standard "hotel frozen food" quality you would expect from a Marriot or other hotel chain.

Only it got me sick.

I was sick for weeks after eating here and it was only cured by a trip to the doctor for antibiotics. The service was slow, and food very poor. I ordered the Lamb Gosh, and Lamb Bryani as well as Kabob appetizer. Everything tasted old, previously frozen and generally bland. You can get a better meal out of your own microwave rather then this kitchen's microwave.

2  Thank anonymousmouse00
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at The Oberoi Amanvilas for one night. We ate at Esphahan and it was our favorite meal of the trip (for food quality, our other favorite of the trip was Peshawri in Jaipur). We enjoyed the veg and non-veg thali, both of which were delicious. The veg appetizer course was incredible and the most creative I experienced in India. The non veg thali had an incredible fish in coconut sauce. Dessert was an assortment of treats I had come to love during my vacation. The staff was incredibly attentive and kind. There was live music throughout our meal which was extremely pleasant. We started our evening with a drink at the bar upstairs, which was also lovely, and they kindly brought our drinks to our table when it was time for our reservation. We were only in Agra for one night so I cannot comment on other restaurants but this was the best food we had during our 11 day stay in India. Thank you!

1  Thank maddiekey